Alcoholism Community
withdrawl from alcohol felling light headed and out of it

This community is for questions and support for people with, or for loved ones of people who drink and are trying to quit. The forum covers topics ranging from Health Issues, How to Quit, Reasons to Quit, Relapse Prevention, Friend and Family Support.

hi
  ive been drinking kind off heavy about 4 days a week and had a panic attack on sunday, thought i was going to pass out, so i decided it was time to quit. Since then i can eat, can hold a thought and fell really light headed. Not sure if this is normal. Just want to now if it is something worse then withdrawl (withdrawal)?
withdrawals can be really tough...i wonder how much you were drinking and how long?? the anxiety can be real bad....not eating...feeling weird..maybe drink some gatoraid to help the dizzy light headed stuff...on the third day it can get bad...through maybe 7 to 10 days of hell...then a few months of not good at all...after about 6 months you most likely feel a lot better..could be a couple years to get over it....if you drank a lot maybe see a doctor for some help through it...withdrawals from alcohol can cause death so be careful...good luck...billy
i drank 4-5 days a week, and would have about 6-10 beers, for a couple of years. some days were less beers. some liquor mixed in.
u say u can eat?u can hold a thought? can or can't?ever been in counseling for an anxiety disorder?
sorry those were suppose to be can't, no ive never seen anybody. before i started drinking i didnt have a problem with it. Since drinking it is something that has shown up. Not sure if it is going to go away. hoping it is just the withdrawl (withdrawal)/
You should see the first post I ever made on this forum in 2007.  It was identical as far as the symptoms. I was light headed and dizzy.  All I can say is that it lasted longer than I thought it would, but it seemed to get better with each passing week. Be thankful for the small improvements.....it takes time for your body go get back to normal.  I couldn't even drive down the highway without feeling dizzy at that time.  Walking across the room gave me head spins.

Heck, I thought it was divine justice that I would be forced to go through life with headspins even while sober.  But they gradually left and my balance returned.  Eat nutritious foods, ease off the caffeine for awhile (or minimize it), and take a good multi vitamin with B-complex vitamins.  Also alcohol is sugar based, so eat something sweet to ease the cravings.  You don't have to go crazy with the sweet stuff, but a couple of pieces of hard candy will help a lot.
jacker....i remember the days and months you were first on the forum...we were proud of you...it's neat to see someone post while they're having different symptoms..dizzy/anxiety/dreams/sleeping problems/diet...the list goes on......i think it also helps a lot of folks that just stop by the forum...read some posts and move on with a little insight...alcohol recovery does take time..more time then a lot of folks think...good to see ya ..billy
its wierd how the symptons keep changing, i was feeling better and even went for a run yesterday for 1.5 miles. now today im on edge, im being very short and little thing annoy me, which is something i have not had at all. Today is day 8 and was hoping to fell better but i guess it just shows how bad i was.
Patience Ky55.  I'll bet you feel better than you did 5 days ago.  And I bet you'll feel better in another 5 days then you feel right now.  You don't feel normal all at once after years of abuse.  

Workingdog- YES- you were one of the first to give me encouragement here- you and ibizan.  And thank you!  :)