HELP! Birth Control Alternative Options
REPOST:

I have been on the pill for about 12 years… Recently circumstances prevented me from taking it for a few days… as a result, I got off of it (to reset before I begin again) for about 2 months…
about 10 days after I was off the pill I noticed that my sex drive was higher than it has ever been (as long as I can remember).
At first I thought that: 'perhaps this is what it's like when ovulating off the pill'…
However, when my sex drive didnt decrease at all (while off the pill); I concluded that this may be my normal, natural sex drive that has been suppressed by taking the pill.
Those 6 weeks were sooo nice… I felt sexier… I was excited about sex and enjoyed it so much more than while on the pill- I loved it…
I never thought that part of the way the pill prevents pregnancy & STDs is by reducing your sex drive ;)
With this in mind, I went to my gyno to see what I should do.. I got another type of pill with should of had less influence. A week after taking the first pill, my sex drive had decreased… I still enjoy sex and want it, but it is significantly different to how i felt those 6 weeks.
There must be something other than hormone influencing methods, that prevent pregnancy.
Besides: condoms & counting the ovulation cycle…
what about female condoms, spermicide, sponge, etc…?
ANY ADVISE???
Now that I know what I am missing, I have to get off the pill and find something els to prevent pregnancy…
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
KatieLay91 added the Mood Tracker
Apr 03
KatieLay91 added the Food Diary
Apr 03
KatieLay91 is ... concerned about my dog Comment
Apr 03