Allergies - Food Community
ALWAYS feeling bloated... need help please!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ALWAYS feeling bloated... need help please!!!

it doesn't seem to matter how much i eat, or even what i eat (or drink), it just feels like my gastric emptying rate is extremely slow.

i used to wake up with a flat stomach, now i wake up and feel bloated already, even if i didn't eat anything a few hours before bed the night before.

i am vegan, and i eat plenty of fruits/vegetables (raw & organic), plus i juice a ton of veggies every morning.

i take digestive enzymes with every meal (which also have a little bit of ginger in them)

i take probiotics on an empty stomach every morning.

i get plenty of fiber, and although i have usually 2 good bowel movements per day, i still feel extremely bloated. i even LOOK bloated... my stomach is bulging out. i'm in very good shape, and i exercise constantly and eat healthy foods. i'm very lean everywhere minus my huge stomach (which isn't FAT, it's just distended. my abs are visible)

so i'm totally lost here. now the only thing i can think of is maybe i have food allergies, but at the same time, how can i wake up with my stomach already bloated?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1805047_tn?1341764106
It sounds like IBS.
Blank
1581788_tn?1340233315
you could have developed an allergy to something you are eating
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Abdominal bloating can happen with consumption of excess sugars, indigestion and aerophagia. It could also be due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), malabsorption, inflammatory bowel diseases and various infections of the colon. Blood tests will help detect infections, besides stool examination which will reveal fat malabsorption.  Colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy are procedures which are used to study the whole colon for infections and inflammations. Bacterial overgrowth is tested with a breath test. Please discuss these issues with your primary care physician when you happen to meet him.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergies - Food Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank