Adult onset multiple allergies?
Hiya all,

I was wondering if any-one else has been diagnosed with multiple allergies as an adult?

I'm 27 and started having problems with allergies to different foods, first raisins, then apples, then peaches, there were also a few times i had a reaction but didnt know what caused it. My doc referred me to immunology for allergy testing.

I had the skin ***** test done with some different allergens, I had a positive for:

Apples
peaches
strawberries
peanuts
hazelnuts
walnuts
sunflower seeds,

I also had a reaction to oranges but the weal wasn't big enough to be a positive.

I then give blood for testing which i think is to test for more allergies, and i'm waiting to hear about the results.

So now i have to carry an epi-pen.

This happen to any-one else? also what are you allergies and are they connected by certain food groups?

K xx
no-one?
Yes, me. No particular food groups - allergies all over the place. A kinesiologist/physician got rid of all of them except corn.
For years the dr thought I was lactose intollerant. Then a skin test revealed that I am allergic to eggs, honey dew mellon and eggplant.
well just for a follow up, i got my blood results back and my allergies where positive for:

Apples
peaches
strawberries
peanuts
hazelnuts
walnuts
sunflower seeds
raisins

and grapes, oranges, pecan nuts & cherries

I'm sure it'll take me a while to get used to it!
Yes, I was allergy free until I was 23. Then I developed an allergy to shrimp. I was in denial about it until I ended up in the hospital. As time when on I became severely reactive to MSG and other preservatives like sulfa. To this day I never know what will set me off. Today I have a general rash and remain clueless as to why because it isn't Mango season...allergic to them as well. I know how weird it is to be allergy free your whole youth and then-wham!  The good news is I've survived to the ripe old age of 60 and it's more annoying than life threatening...if you listen to your body's warnings! If you are reactive to something the first time, it will be worse the second time and so forth. Please don't end up in the hospital like I did.
I first developed allergies to scallops when 21...then anaphylactic by 24 to lobster,shrimp,crab...then by 30s to cephalosporins (antibiotic)..then by 40s to Tide (detergent) (anaphylaxis) and by now- early 50s: yo Chia and mustard seeds..(anaphylaxis).I discovered there is a cross reactivity between Indian mustard seeds (the hull) and Chia seeds so when I try to "eta healthy" it almost kills me (2 epipens)...I have found over the years it has gotten worse (sorry) but when I look back,as a kid- age 6 or 7 I had a rash with tomatoes,and other things-bringing an epipen and benadryl with you at all times is crucial.Telling whomever you are having a meal with that you have life threatening allergies is also crucial.And informing the restaurant.I have found using the phrase: "I have a life threatening allergy to-" works..otherwise they assume you have a food "sensitivity"- which is NOT life threatening.You need to emphasize that part! Good luck!
Yup, at 42 I was diagnosed with multiple food and environmental allergies and asthma. Prior to that I knew that dust made my face itch and nose run, now I can't eat much of anything and going outside makes everything worse.