Advise please-Pregnancy and lactose/dairy intolerance
Just wondered if any one can give me a bit of advice please. I have recently found out I'm pregnant and have a lactose or dairy intolerance. I have to avoid all foods containing lactose etc or I feel sick/constipation/bloated stomach etc.

If I continue to avoid these foods throughout my pregnancy can I pass on the intolerance to my baby once it's born? Don't know if I can/should try eating a small amount now and then even if it does make me feel ill?

Welcome to our community.  Maybe try some lactose free products and see how those go and do ask your Dr.  I don't think it can be passed along .. sometimes a product like Dairy Ease, taken before ingestion helps a lot.  but do ask your doc.

WELCOME!!!

C~
Hi!

You might try taking an enzyme product that has a good amount of Lactase in it, the lactose digesting enzyme, and then try a bit of dairy to see if it eliminates your problem.
Are you sure it is the milk sugar you are reacting to, and not the milk protein?
Some people have a lesser amount of an enzyme called DPP-IV in their gut, contributing to an intolerance for dairy proteins.
I would recommend talking to a nutritionist about this. The right enzyme formula could put an end to this problem for you.

Best Wishes,
Enzy