Allergies - Food Community
Advise please-Pregnancy and lactose/dairy intolerance
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Advise please-Pregnancy and lactose/dairy intolerance

Just wondered if any one can give me a bit of advice please. I have recently found out I'm pregnant and have a lactose or dairy intolerance. I have to avoid all foods containing lactose etc or I feel sick/constipation/bloated stomach etc.

If I continue to avoid these foods throughout my pregnancy can I pass on the intolerance to my baby once it's born? Don't know if I can/should try eating a small amount now and then even if it does make me feel ill?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi,

Welcome to our community.  Maybe try some lactose free products and see how those go and do ask your Dr.  I don't think it can be passed along .. sometimes a product like Dairy Ease, taken before ingestion helps a lot.  but do ask your doc.

WELCOME!!!

C~
Blank
Hi!

You might try taking an enzyme product that has a good amount of Lactase in it, the lactose digesting enzyme, and then try a bit of dairy to see if it eliminates your problem.
Are you sure it is the milk sugar you are reacting to, and not the milk protein?
Some people have a lesser amount of an enzyme called DPP-IV in their gut, contributing to an intolerance for dairy proteins.
I would recommend talking to a nutritionist about this. The right enzyme formula could put an end to this problem for you.

Best Wishes,
Enzy
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergies - Food Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949