Allergic to Artificial Flavoring?
For the sake of this post, I'm going to ask about "cherry flavoring", but I'm curious in general about allergies to Artificial Flavoring.   Artificial Cherry Flavoring and actual cherries have the same chemical composition.  One occurs naturally (a cherry), the other is produced in a lab by the men and women in white coats.  So, artificial cherries and natural cherries should, essentially, be the same thing, right?  Do I understand this correctly?

Is it possible to be allergic to artifical cherry flavoring but not be allergic to cherries?  (or grapes, bananas, oranges, and their respective artificial flavoring)  And does anyone have any scientific references to back up or deny?  I can't seem to find anything via search engines, and as much as I appreciate the Layman's advice and input, I'd really like to see some sort of solid evidence from a professional in the field. . .  Thank you for your help!