Allergies - Food Community
Blisters on upper lip, HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

Blisters on upper lip, HELP!

Hello to everyone,

On Saturday i had a Karate Demonstration at a local mall with my karate team, our demonstration was from 11am-9pm,  when i got home i showered and then ate a bag of onion Rings, but they were a weird brand not the onion rings u see every day, then i went to bed, the next day, mid-day i wouls say i felt a small bump under my upper lip, i thought " hey, i probably just bit myself?" so i ignored it, then late  in the afternoon i ate another bag of those Onion rings, and in an hour or so, i lick my top lip, and i developed another blister, and then 2 more popped up, the center of  my top lip was a bit  swollen, so i waited till the next morning to see if the blisters had reduced, they didnt, and they looked like they had a yellow fluid in them, and  now iam on my 3rd day and they look a bit crusty and yellowish, my question is, what is this? can this be a food allergy? i have eaten onion rings before and  ive never had an outbreak like this?

I need some help!
HI,

Are there ingredients on the bag listed?  If so, and if you have a moment, can you list them and/or PM me so that I see your post and see what's in there?

My daughter just had a terrible reaction similar from an apricot and took 2 Benadryl immediately .. it was a huge bump/blister on her upper inside lip.  In her case it's due to cross reaction from allergy season and ragweed.

You may have had what's called OAS .. or oral allergy syndrome

Lots of info on that .. limited to oral cavity *usually* ..

Not sure -- but something probably reacted from that bag ?

C~