Aa
A
A
Close
Digestive Issues/Malabsorption
Just one day I went home and had really bad diarrhea, and now its llike 4 months later and Ive had it since. Im told I have soy, nut allergies; although I still eat soybean oil, since it has only trace amounts of the actual protein. Prior to malabsorption I was taking digestive enzymes and Betaine Hydrochloride, but stopped thinking they were the cause; (I recently started taking the enzymes again). I have been having digestive issues for at least a year now, following a bout of stomach flu, followiong that I started taking Zantac (which I believe gave me food allergies). The symptoms I had for a while were different and not as bad as now, now I have malabsorption. I need help, I've had blood tests done, one said I have low ferritin, one said I have Eosinophilia, I have tested negative on blood tests for Celiac twice, I went for the Endoscopy (but under the meds I was fighting back and the doctor could not get the tube down) I am a 17 year old male, and I am concerned that this could be affecting my growth/development.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
535822 tn?1443980380
I am thinking that the Gastrology forum may have a doctor with answers for you.I too cannot take soy and it seems to be in everything ..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
168348 tn?1379360675
I agree with Margy.  Please keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergies - Food Community Resources
Top Asthma Answerers
746512 tn?1388811180
Blank