Allergies - Food Community
Food allergies after baby
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Food allergies after baby

I developed an allergy to peanuts and soy after having my second child. I have always been a healthy eater, unfortunately since the birth of my second child I have to be extremely careful of even healthy foods because if the sky. When I eat foods that contain or has come in contact with either my throat begins to swell shut. I would like to know is there is a way to get rid of them because it is affecting everything in my life. I can no longer freely go out and ear with friends and family, all of whom would have classified me as quite the foodie before I had allergies. Also my food bill is higher than ever just so I can avoid products that are made around and/or contain peanuts and soy. Is there any hope that I can get my food life back?
Tags: food allgeries, after baby, food
168348_tn?1379360675
Welcome to our Food Allergies community.  Am hoping you have been to an allergist and carry an Epi Pen with you?  Your allergy sounds serious and, unfortunately, usually repeated exposure causes worse reactions.  I am not an allergy expert by any means -- just a Mom who's kids have serious allergies .. but usually if a person has an allergy it doesn't "go away" and avoidance is so important to avoid a future reaction.  Something to ask your allergist about is trying it again after a period of time has gone by with no reactions (example accidental ingestion) but that test would be done under close medical supervision.

Sorry this is adult-onset .. it isn't an easy thing but is something that sounds like you've got a handle on as far as reading ingredients, labels, etc.

C~
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergies - Food Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank