Allergies - Food Community
Have I got tongue piercing infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

Have I got tongue piercing infection?

I got my tongue pierced about a year and half ago, but I have suddenly got a lot of ulcers in around my mouth and my tongue and gums are swollen and i just wanted to know if that had anything to do with my tongue piercing. my tongue piercing looks pretty normal apart from the fact that my tongue is swollen and the end of it is numb and funny feeling as if i've burnt the to of it. also i have two ulcers under my tongue on the floor of the mouth and its created a raised bump which is quite hard when i touch it with my tongue. But it all started with just a couple of ulcers which just increased. I didnt think much of it as i get ulcers now and then but not as bad as this. its been about a week and 2 days now and its still quite painful. But yeh i would just like to know if its my tongue piercing being infected or if its just a bad case of ulcers or an allergic reaction?
Hi --- do you have nickle allergy at all ?

Welcome to our community.

Nickle Allergy presents itself similar to what you explain.  I'm not a Dr., but my daughter has severe nickle allergy.  

Maybe change to a 14kt tongue adornement for awhile and see if they clear up as you call your Dr?

C~