How do you know when you are allergic to a particular food item?
I was drinking Silk Organic Soymilk from Costco one night for dinner and I realized that I had a burning sensation on my lips after I drank it. It became more relevant to me when the rest of my dinner tasted too salty. So I stopped eating. Afterwards I realized that I had some bumps in my mouth that came out almost instantaneously. I have always drunk soymilk since I was a baby. I find this extremely odd. Is it possible that Im allergic to soymilk?
YES, absolutely.  You can definitely be allergic to the soy milk.  Also, soy is one of the prime suspects in the food elimination diet that must be avoided while on the diet 'til ready to challenge.  You can develop new or different allergies at any time.  I myself am allergic to yogurt and kefir.  I discovered why it's worse for me than the tiny bit of regular milk used in my coffee (I'm sensitive to soy myself), too.  And, it isn't the beneficial bacteria added to the stuff either.  Anyway, I get an instantaneous reaction with yogurt and kefir, too.

Stay away from everything with soy.  Soy isn't health food anyway.  You can definitely develop worse allergies to the stuff as time goes by and develop anaphylaxis, because you already have a symptom that tells me this might happen.  This applies to soy applied to the skin, like your soaps and your skin creams.  A good gentle soap you can use that I know is good for people with chemical sensitivities as well as people needing soy free is made from a company in Portland, Oregon called SAPPO HILL.  They use coconut oil and make their soaps with the old fashioned recipe your great grandmother's generation and before would've made with lard.  Since its made with coconut oil, it actually has no scent of its own with the one they named NATURAL.  They also use this NATURAL and add natural ingredients to make a few with scents.  I myself have a problem even with some natural scents, so I use the one called NATURAL.

It's also quite possible to develop such an allergy from anything you use in large quantities such as what sounds like with what has happened with your soy milk.  Again, contrary to popular belief, soy is NOT health food.  Unless you specifically have a less common health condition that leads you to NEED to supplement estrogen (NOT menopause either), soy should be avoided like the plague.  There are rare exceptions that Mercola talks about, but these are meaningless to someone who is clearly allergic to soy.  You have to avoid soy and be aware of what has soy in it and what doesn't even with your personal care products.  I know about someone who developed such a terrible allergy that just accidentally touching the stuff could set off anaphylaxis.  So, take this allergy to soy seriously and become aware of what has soy and what doesn't.

By law companies have to disclose what is called an INNI ingredient list.  I don't know what the acronym stands for, but this is to help people with these serious allergies.  Soy is in everything imaginable and is the usual suspect in commercially made soaps.  Be aware of what your vitamin E is made from, too, if you use that.  Most vitamin E is tocerphal, which is soy based.  This is why I mentioned the Sappo Hill brand of soap.  I know it is safe for people with soy allergies.
Welcome to our community!  GREAT info from above poster!

How are you doing now?
Good info. Soy is death for me, I forgot to mention that earlier. It gives me a rip roaring stomach ache, even if I use creams etc with it in it. My doc had prescribed bio-identical hormone cream for me, well, she forgot to tell the pharmacy that was making it to make the creams out of "yams" so, they used soy. That was a mistake, I started to have anxiety attacks and felt awful, I called the pharmacy, they said it was soy based, I told them I was allergic to the stuff, so they had to call the doc and have it remade with Yam. I HATE soy..

Hope you are feeling better.