Allergies - Food Community
I taste mucus after i eat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

I taste mucus after i eat

When i eat random food items i taste mucus in my mouth while im eating the food item.  This "process" or "thing" happens randomly and i dont know how to stop it. For example, one day i had a piece of cake, i ate the piece except the middle part of it..and when i tried to eat the middle part i began to taste mucus..i thought that it was the cake so i got over it, but i began to notice that it wasnt because i began to taste the taste of mucus in almost everthing i eat/ate. Today i ate a mint and as i was eating the mint i began to taste a not so suprising taste..awh yes it was MUCUS!..of course it was. The mucus taste ending up in almost everthing i eat is annoying me..and also scaring me!..please someone anyone preferably someone who knows how to fix this mucus curse..please help me! Thank You
What's likely happening is that mucus is dripping from your sinuses into your throat, which is called post nasal drip. One thing you could try is rinsing your nose with saline using a neti pot. This will help get everything out of your sinuses and give you some temporary relief. There is a chance it also be allergy related since spring is starting right now and pollen is everywhere.

Good Luck and post again if you have more questions.
Thanks for your help!