Allergies - Food Community
Kids fed on Neocate due to Cow Milk Allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

My Son was healthy when he was born and he was all well….it’s only after couple of weeks I and my wife found that he has cow milk allergy ….we have been to so many hospitals and more than us he suffered at lot …an adult would never fit in his shoes and experience that pain….. honestly nobody can come over the pain of those dozens of injections and repeated hospitalization….however after being hospitalized for seven times we final found a solution for his diet ..its Neocate LCP and we are feeding him on Neocate LCP since past four months ……we tried alternate diet along with Neocate milk but he is still not comfortable with it ….whenever we try something else like rice flour or just rice fining grinned, diluted and fed ,,,he start puking and goes dehydrated …….I want to know if somebody else is feeding their kid on Neocate and more important if somebody had fed their kid on Neocate and went back to normal diet ….if yes please let me know the time to time changes you made in his/her diet to go back to normal ……….I am writing this post with a lot of expectation and request you all too kindly share your experience with me …..thank you
Tags: Cow Milk Allergy, lactose into
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Neocate LCP can support upto 12 months of age and within this time frame, the transition can be gradual. You could consult an allergy specialist regarding the best options available. In the meantime you could try fruits like bananas and apples.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.