Aa
A
A
Close
Lip Problem
I am a 30 year healthy female with a recurring problem with my lips.  For the past 2 years I have had “flare-ups” with my lips, typically beginning after eating, but not seemingly linked to any particular type of food.  My lips become red and puffy, have a burning sensation, get small white bumps around the outside, and the corners become cracked.  These flare-ups last for a few weeks or so, seem to be made worse after eating, and then go away out of the blue.  When the symptoms subside I am able to eat whatever I want, and have no issues.  A month or so may go by with no problems, and then suddenly the cycle seems to begin again.  I have not yet seen a doctor, b/c after reading various forums online I have found many other women who suffer from the same problem and have found no answers/relief after seeing doctors, allergists, dermatologists etc.  As a side note my symptoms went away completely for the duration of my pregnancy, when I ate whatever I wanted with no issues.  Shortly after giving birth the flare-ups began again.  Any thoughts as to what could be going on or what I should do?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
168348 tn?1379360675
Hi,

WELCOME to our community.  Here's a link to other ?'s that may be helpful for you here at MedHelp   http://www.medhelp.org/search/expanded?cat=posts&query=lips+allergy

Keep us posted .. pregnancy can change things ... but I wish I had more help or insight for you .. others may so keep checking back soon!

C~
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergies - Food Community Resources