Salicylate intolerance/mint allergy
Is there anything that can be done to help with a mint allergy?  I have a severe reaction to the smell of mint, it causes asthma like symptoms with a wheezing cough that does not quit.  I have had to use my epi pen several times with 5 trips to the ER in a month because of exposure at work.  This is truly becoming a daily problem with the possibility of losing my employment.  Please let me know if there is something more that can be done than just avoiding mint.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

There are preventive inhalers. The type of drug commonly used in preventer inhalers is a steroid. Steroids work by reducing the inflammation in the airways. When the inflammation has gone, the airways are much less likely to become narrow and cause symptoms such as wheezing.

Steroid inhalers are usually taken twice per day. If you have an exacerbation (flare-up) of your asthma symptoms, you may be advised to take the preventer inhaler more often.   Please discuss these options with your doctor, he can guide you.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.