Shell Allergy?
I ate at a seafood restaurant on Wednesday night & ate an appetizer that was full of different kinds of shell fish. I work up in the middle of the might with what looks like a really bad sunburn with tiny little bumps on my stomach & legs. Yesterday it got worse and my face is swelling. Now it's Friday and my body is still bright red and my eyes and around my nose is very swollen. I've taken Benadryl and Claritin and the swelling's gone down very slightly.  Here's my question...if I did have a shellfish reaction...how long can you have the reaction? It's almost been 48 hours since I ate the shellfish and not getting much better
Hi Jen, I had a reaction to gluten after being off of it for several months. I ate it again without really knowing until later and found out the hard way. I got rashes too, except for they were underneath both of my armpits. These rashes actually didn't go away for several months. Not to scare you or anything, but it is possible and I believe it could be there a while. If you are really concerned, I would go and see a doctor. Hopefully it has gotten better since you wrote your question. I also wanted to say that EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques) might be helpful. I used it after having a reaction to milk a few months ago and it really helped.