Allergies - Food Community
Skin Rash and Food Allergies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

Skin Rash and Food Allergies

My husband has had a psoriasis type rash for years and intestinal/digestive issues (we confirmed this spring that he has diverticulosis) .  Last year I finally got him to remove wheat and gluten from his diet and that helped for several months.  However, recently his rash has gotten worse.  We can't seem to find a doctor that can get to the route of the problem.  He wants to see a gastroenterologist and I want him to see a wholistic physician.  I don't know what to do or where to start.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  
Alternative medicine MD's are very good at diagnosing chronic ailments. I would go that route. As far as food allergies are concerned, kinesiology gets rid of them in jig time. I know because that was my personal experience. Old-fashioned allergists are not very successful, cost a bomb, and take forever.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

To begin wit keep a diary and make a note of his symptoms, this will help to track the allergen and avoid the same. For the psoriasis, apply constantly plenty of good moisturizing creams and alternate with steroid creams. Use a humidifier in the rooms to avoid dryness. Phototherapy for psoriasis is advocated for lesions not responding to topical ointments.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.