Allergies - Food Community
Vicryl allergy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vicryl allergy

April 30, 2009 I underwent a laproscopic cholecystectomy.  Uneventful post-op course other than a bout of hives on the abdomen and redness and itching around the incision sites.  I am now almost 4 weeks post-op and am still experiencing redness and itching around the incisions.  The generalized hives are gone.  I have had a ten day regimen of antihistamines and Clobetesol salve.  Currently, I am using only the Clobetesol once a day.  Does anyone have any experience with Vicryl suture allergies?  I should add that the incisions themselves are raised and feel hard.  So far, the incisions are clean and have had no drainage or sutures popping through.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi, I had a bad sensitivity to the stitches used for my thyroidectomy and I developed stitch abcesses and spitting stitches about 3 weeks post op.  They used different stitches for another procedure and still had issues .. so I don't have an answer but hang in there ... the hardness may be the stitch bundle ?????  Stitches take about 6 weeks to fully disolve internally so you may still be having reactions is my thought but I'm not a doctor, of course.

WELCOME~

C~
Blank
i too have had problems with the suture material used - took 3 months to heal and developed an incisional hernia following incomplete internal healing - i have a long standing meat protein allergy and feel my healing problems are linked to the proteins in the suture material!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergies - Food Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...