alcohol intolerance
I am a 38 year old woman, since my early twenties I used to enjoy alcohol, I didn't drink every night but I usually ended up drinking quite heavily a few times a month and would usually have, understandably bad hangovers the following day but if I 3-4 glasses I'd be fine the next day. Yet, since last six months even after a glass of one drink, whether it's wine, whisky, vodka or cocktails (I've tried different drinks to see if my problem is with one particular type of alcohol) I have a terrible hangover the next day as if I had been drinking the entire night. I don't throw up but I spend the whole day lying in bed, unable to function properly and carry on with my daily chores and eating anything I can get my hands on. Also, I used to really enjoy the buzz alcohol used to give me, how it used to relax me in social occasions as well as making me more passionate in discussions whereas now it makes me terribly sleepy and alienated, I have trouble focusing on what people are talking about. I explained my situation to my Gp and he said that it's most likely that I have developed alcohol intolerance; I was wondering if anyone has similar issues with alcohol.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

As suggested by your GP, it could be intolerance. Our body reacts differently at different phase of our life. You could reduce the quantity and check to see if you develop the same reactions. Sometimes it is dose related.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.