allergic to alcohol..?
For years I drank on the weekends,  going out after work,( I worked as a paramedic for 11 years and thats usually how we ended our long weeks at the bar our way of de-stressing ) and never had a problem other than the occasional hang-over.. then in 2004 i stopped drinking all together and in 2011 started again occasionally. I am now noticing that every time i drink i get very stuffed up and sometimes "wheezy" . and it doesn't seem to matter if I drink dark liquor or light.. is it possible that now I'm allergic to alcohol ?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If your symptoms occur with the same trigger repeatedly, it could be that you are allergic to alcohol. It is possible to develop new allergies, you could develop new allergic reactions  to food or other substances which you have consumed in the past, as the allergy develops in response to a repeated stimulus.If you haven't undergone formal allergy testing, that might be beneficial.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I was allergic to alcohol. A couple of other odd ones were sugar and vitamin C. Apparently you can become allergic to almost anything. Through kinesiology I got rid of them all, and very quickly. I don't understand why people go the old-fashioned route with allergists. Expensive, time consuming, and not too effective.