Allergies - Food Community
almond allergy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

almond allergy

Hi, I was recently told that I have an almond allergy. Does anyone have this. I do feel that I have a restiction in my throat & have a little trouble taking deep breaths. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
I personally do not have an allergy to almonds.

The reaction you get is definitely one for concern. Were you given an epi-pen?

They didn't give me an epi-pen. My symptoms are always there. I been eating almonds every day for over 10 years.
Nuccio
So am I right in assuming that you are continuing to eat the almonds, regardless of your allergy?
How many almonds do you eat at a time?

Also, since almonds are a pretty common tree nut do you have allergies to others, such as walnuts?

Allergies with symptoms as you describe, tend to  be progressive .. the antibodies from each reaction contiue to number and the symptoms can increase and vary in intensity. What is safe one day can kill the next.  Nuts and other foods can kill.  Not to scare you, but please see a doctor or allergist for an epi pen to carry with you.  Once a full blown anaphylactic reaction occurs, only epinephrin can reverse it if it progresses beyond what you describe.

My daughter is allergic to latex/plums/nuts and is also positive via blood tests and reacts to almonds, too.

Avoidance is key prevention is what we've been told.  You generally grow into and not out of this type of allergy.
No I cut out almonds when I found out about the allergie. Its been only 1 week & a half.
I eat about 10 almonds at a time, 20 per day. I don't have any other nut allergies, only almonds, bannanas & pineapples. I spoke to my doctor & he said I don' need one. I hope my symptoms will get better with time.
Thanks for your replies
Nuch