Allergies - Food Community
lactose intolerance?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

lactose intolerance?

Sorry but this is tmi...for the past 3 nights ive had awful diarrhoea, with really painful cramping and bubbling in my tummy which is also bloated and gassy. I do feel a bit sick but not that bad at all times. What do i do? Should i start an elimination diet? What should i cut out first?

Also, i had a little girl in october, she has intolerances to cows milk protein and soya protein. Dont know if this helps. I have also had chronic idiopathic urticaria for 4 years and really high ige count (over 3,300 last checked) but have never been bad with any food. Sorry to ramble!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

From the symptoms given, you seem to be suffering from acute diarrhea, which could most probably be of an infectious nature. If you have been eating outside, it is more likely so. If you are aware of a medicine or food that’s causing the diarrhea, then avoid it. Further avoid foods like milk and milk products, high fat or greasy food,  foods that have a lot of fiber like citrus fruits and  very sweet foods, such as cakes and sweets.

Replacing the lost fluid and salt forms the mainstay of therapy for diarrhea, this is to prevent dehydration. As long as you do not have vomiting you can take soups, coconut water, water, and electoral solution. All this replacement is only until you consult your physician. With such severe abdominal cramps, you should consult your physician immediately.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.