Allergies - Food Community
new allergies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Food Allergies.

new allergies

I have been drinking red wine, cranberry,pmigranite for a long time I  started toreakout in a rash only on my legs,I went to orange juice and it happened again why now?
There are two ways that severe allergies tend to develop.

1. Someone is born with a severe allergy that is present for their entire life.

2. Someone is born with a very small allergy, maybe not even noticeable, but over time it gets worse and worse until it can be a terrible health issue. This is a result of how the body fights allergens. These usually slowly get worse over time.

You probably have an allergy to citrus (citric acid), which is in cranberries, pomegranates, and oranges. My sister used to drink orange juice a lot, but recently she started getting a rash from it.

I'd recommend taking allergy medicine regularly because a lot of stuff has small amounts of citrus in it, that'll just make your allergy worse. If you want, allergy clinics offer shots to help increase your tolerance of an allergy. You can also go to a doctor or allergy clinic and ask beforehand to be tested for an allergy to citrus, and red wine as well (just in case). Definitely stop drinking them both and don't eat fruits that have a lot of citrus.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Allergic reactions can show a waxing and waning phenomenon. They can improve or worsen with time. Also it is possible to develop new allergies, you could develop new allergic reactions  to food or other substances. You will only have to closely monitor. If you haven't undergone formal allergy testing, that might be beneficial.  Under a doctor's supervision, foods that have caused allergies in the past can sometimes be added slowly back into the diet.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.