some allergy questions:
- Can i have apoplectic shock from foods/medication i had no reaction to previously (or a life threatening allergy, etc).
for example, Eating fish weekly, then one day eat it and have a really bad reaction?

- I'm 21, is it possible for me to get any new allergies, even though i have no history of having any? if so can they be dangerous?

- when trying new foods, are my chances very low of having a severe reaction if i have no allergies to start off with? or should everyone be cautious when trying new and different things?

Thanks for reading guys. also any links are appreciated.
I'd of thought someone would reply to this, they're pretty standard questions for the allergy forum. not very helpful at all.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, we can develop allergies to different things throughout our lifetime as the allergy develops in response to a repeated stimulus. Its not common to develop anaphylactic reactions suddenly to commonly eaten food, but it can happen. Also, if there is no past history of allergic reactions to food, its less common or less likely to happen. The chances are less. Any further questions will be glad to answer.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it.

The fact that I can eat nuts today, and wake up tomorrow dangerously allergic to them, is making me scared to eat! Can it just happen for no reason or does there have to be a trigger? and roughly how uncommon is it to have a dangerously severe reaction to something out of the blue, you've eaten before? I apologize if my questions seem silly, but I just want to know my information and facts, so I don't have to have unnecessary worry anymore.

Thanks Dr Anitha.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament and your anxiety. Allergic history usually runs in families. The first-time exposure to an allergen usually produces a mild reaction, repeated exposures may lead to more serious reactions. Once a person has had an exposure or an allergic reaction (is sensitized), even a very limited exposure to a very small amount of allergen can trigger a severe reaction such as anaphylaxis. So, please don't worry. You could keep an epipen with you for the emergencies. Talk with your doctor regarding this.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.