Acid (pH) Allergy?
I believe I have pH related allergy. If that's even possible...

When I eat citric fruits (or foods with artificially produced citric acid in them) my immune system is wrecked and I am very susceptible to catching colds. If I ingest very much citric (more that 1 orange a day) I will break out in hives and I will usually get a cold a few days later. I assume that this is some kind of immunodeficiency.

But my problem is not just with ingesting acidic foods. I also will break out in hives (quite instantly) if I am in a hot tub which has an acidic pH (Often caused by added spa fragrances).

This abnormal allergy also effects two other women in my family.

I have done quite a bit of research, but have not been able to find any information on an allergy like this.
Does anyone have any suggestion as to what it could be or how I could find out?

The allergy symptoms in your case can be due to citric acid,fruit acids,vit C or polyphenols, lycopene, and flavonoids which are found in citrus fruits.The orange rind which is used in perfumes and spa oils can also cause allergies.However anything can be confirmed only after allergy tests.Pls consult an allergist for that.Skin tests and blood tests like RAST may be needed to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.