Allergy Community
Alergy to spider bite???? HELP!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Alergy to spider bite???? HELP!

About a week and a half ago I got bit by a spider on my right foot. It was pretty bad and looked like multiple spider bites on the right foot. A few days later I have these spider bites on both feet and calves.. These itch so bad it is unbelievable! Someone told me that if you are allergic to a spider that bites you just one time.. You can get what appears to be bites all over your body. I now have two up on my left shoulder. These are driving me crazy and I am scared to death that maybe its a spider somewhere under my bed or somewhere that is biting me over and over and over.. Or maybe a whole mob of them.. I haven't had the guts to sleep in my bed for 2 days. I have sprayed so much spray under my bed and on the sides. These bites are extremely painful.  I'm just wondering if anyone knows if spider bites can actually spread all over your body like you've been bitten many many times if you are allergic to the particular spider.
Tags: spider, spider bites allergy
Sorry to say I really don't know the answer to your question, but I believe an allergy to a bit from something would result in breathing, fever, rash or similar problems, not to the replication of the bit site all over one's body.  Again, I don't know but can say I have never heard of such a thing before reading your post.

I think you should see your doctor and get some relief and maybe even an antibiotic to get the itch under control.  It may even be advisable to go to your hospital emergency room, you have to decide how serious you symptoms are.

I would go easy on spray, and while I have no experience here either (thank God) there is such a thing as "bed bugs"  and I think they bite.. and are hard to see and to get rid off.  I'd try sleeping on the floor if necessary and in another room until you get an answer.
Thank you Jerry NJ... It was spider bites from my sisters house. Everyone there has them just about. I love me I eat too much sweets.. Anyways, thank you..