Allergic Reaction?
My lips have tiny clear bumps that burn horribly. Occasionally there will be a tiny white bump but the bumps change daily and sometimes hourly. I can wake up with none and an hour later will have ten. It seems to affect mainly the lower lip with only one or two on the top. There seems to be no other symptoms and it occurs more and more frequently. First outbreak was two years ago and second was more than a year later. Sometimes they last for a day and sometimes for weeks. I have tried every over the counter lip treatment (Blistex, Herpacin, Vaseline, Chapstick, Carmex, Abreva.....) nothing works. Without seeing the bumps (via phone call) the dermatologist suggested Herpes virus but seeing the bumps, a nurse and my Dentist think allergic reaction. I have tried to monitor food, drinks, beauty products, etc. but so far there is no common cause. Any suggestions on what could be causing this and what type of doctor to visit to find out what I could be allergic to?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You should consult a dermatologist. It could be due to herpes infection. Herpes is caused by Herpes simplex virus. The virus can lie dormant and can get reactivated at intervals producing symptoms. Hence there is no permanent cure. But antiviral medications like acyclovir, valacyclovir and famciclovir are known to shorten outbreaks and improve symptoms. It depends on one’s immunity also. If it is good the person may have less number of reactivations. If the immunity is relative less than he is likely to have more symptoms.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.