Allergy Community
Allergic cough
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Allergic cough

Sir,
I live in Delhi, India. My son is 12 years old. He is getting on and off allergic cough since June end. Since then he had running nose, cough. Chest is clear- doctor checked with stethescope. I have tried antiallergic-Allerid, home remedies as well as homeopathic. I have observed that the cough triggers when it rains. Currently,He is ok all the day, plays lawn tennis in the evening but sometimes 2-3 times in night gets cough which has a craoking sound which troubles me mentally. Is it alarming or is it normal in children? please suggest.
regards,
kamini
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

These symptoms indicate sinusitis, upper and or lower respiratory infection, sinus or nasal drainage, or allergic reaction.

Rainy season brings lots of viral infections along with which can cause dry,irritating cough.Due to this viral infection,children can suffer from allergic rhinitis or sinusitis also.If this cough is due to an allergic reaction,then it can be due to molds which are high in count during rainy season.You can confirm if this cough is due to allergic reaction by getting allergy tests like skin ***** test or blood test like RAST.

Give plenty of fluids to your child.Ask him to inhale steam as it reduces the catarrh in sinusitis and rhinitis.You can also give over-the-counter antihistamines or antihistamines cough syrups or nasal sprays.Pls use saline nasal spray instead of decongestants.Severe cases may require bronchodilators.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how your son is doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...