Allergy Community
Allergic reaction to Ibuprofen or Diclofenac
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Allergic reaction to Ibuprofen or Diclofenac

So as of late last month I started having an allergic reaction when I take Ibuprofen. The left side of my upper lip start to swell to the point where I feel like I have a small lump on my upper lip. This happens like an hour after I take any Ibuprofen or Diclofenac. The first time it happen I panic because nothing like this has ever happen before. Now I just ride it out and the swelling goes away. But today my lip is still partially swollen from last night. My only fear is that if I have pain or headaches I can't take anything for it in fear of having a fat upper lip. What can I do?
Related Discussions
1343146_tn?1279334243
Your doctor can tell you what else you can take.  for now, I would concentrate on taking benadryl for the allergic reaction.  Do not continue taking the medicine that is causing the reaction.  It may be a small localized reaction now but if you continue taking it, it could eventually cause a larger reaction.  Please go speak with your doctor.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...