Allergic reaction to birth control pills???
I have been on Levora (birth control pill) for about a month now and i started getting a rash about a week ago which has spread all over my chest, neck and arms. it looks like hives to me. The picture doesn't do it justice, its really much worse. it itches like crazy, its raised bumps, very tiny too. I took benadryl last night and have put hydrocortizone cream on it and its still getting worse. what do you recommend i do? i also don't have a doctor, just an obgyn that i recently saw after getting my mirena taken out last month. Please help!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The rash could be Hives, which develop in response to an allergic reaction, by the release of histamine. The allergen can be medications, food, extremes of temperature, exercise and viral infections to name a few. Since you developed the outbreak after starting the medication, the most likely cause would be the birth control pills. So, therapy lies in avoiding the triggers and antihistamines. If the present antihistamines are not very effective you can consult your doctor for long acting ones.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.