Allergy Community
Allergic reactions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergic reactions

I have high blood pressure that is out of control.  I took HCTZ for years then it stopped working.  I have been on Losartan, Coreg, Norvasc and had an allergic reaction to all of them.  Swelling and tingling of my face, lips, chest and throat.
Is there a common ingredient that could be bothering me?  I am allergic to fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, fresh nuts, very bad hayfever, animal allergies and am lactose intolerent.
My boyfrriend has similar allergies, at least to fruit and lactose intolerant.  Also a problem with eggs.  I have Celiac, am lactose intolerant, and can't have nuts or peanuts.  

I suggest you try taking 2000 IU vitamin D and magnesium in the morning and calcium 500 mg and potassium at night for your high blood pressure.  With your allergies you might add these one at a time.  And of course you could try niacin.  There is one that is supposed to not cause flushing, which is the normal side effect of niacin.  GNC could help you with these.