Allergy Community
Allergic to Topamax??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergic to Topamax??

Started taking topamax about a month ago to help with terrible migraines. It's helped wonderfully. However, the back of my throat has been itching terribly. No strep, or mono. Back of my throat is swollen & bumpy. ER & famy doctor don't have an answer for me as to what's causing it. My sister who is an RN suggested I may be having an allergic reaction to a new medication- topamax is the only one. Any thoughts ????

- a miserable momma

Hi there,

Just finished reading your comments. I think your sister is correct.
Based on your comments, I think you may be experiencing a side effect
of Topomax (topamax).  May I suggest that you go to this website : www.drugs.com.
There you can type in the word Topomax (topamax) where it says SEARCH.
This will bring you to a lot of information about this drug that you are taking called Topomax (topamax). Included there will be a section called Topomax (topamax) side effects . There's a long list of side effects of this drug. After this list is finished you will see these words : SIDE EFFECTS(  IN MORE DETAIL)
You will probably want to click on this. This will bring you to an even larger list of side effects of Topomax (topamax). I think you will find this helpful. I wish you well in your search for some answers to what is going on.  Be well.  Eve