Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
Allergic to a room, what should I do?
There is a room in my house which I am allergic to (I'm assuming it's allergies). When I go into it, within a couple minutes I start to get headaches, a little knot in my throat, ear aches, and irritation of my eyes. Unfortunately, this room is my home office and I am in it 12+ hours a day. When I work in another area of my house (which I often do) I am fine. I purchased an air purifier recently to see if that helps…time will tell, but no relief yet.

I've had a leak in the room which was fixed, but I did not see any mold. I’ve searched high and low for mold and haven’t found any. There is no damp smell at all, seems fine like the rest of my home.

I’ve had allergy tests and am, basically, allergic to everything in the south eastern part of the United States where I live.  

Anyway, how can I determine what I am allergic to in this room?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
Hi, allergic to the room, could be the dust. As you are getting the symptoms while only in this room, it could be an allergic reaction to the components in the room and this may be difficult to test. Try aerating it well at least once in awhile. Let fresh air in and with the purifier in place it should help. If symptoms are troublesome, you could take antihistamines and see if it helps with your symptoms. Regards.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources