Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar universal
Allergic to candy?
After Halloween, we created a "candy day" - my 13yo son in particular seems to be very sensitive to sugar.  I figured if he ate his candy on Saturday, he could also run around and get rid of any excess energy - or at least not be hyperactive at school.  This past Saturday, he told me that he felt sick, and he thought he might be "allergic to candy".  His symptoms were: sore throat, wheeziness, headache.  He told me that he had felt the same way the Saturday before, but hadn't said anything.  After a few hours he felt better.  

The first thing I thought of was food dyes.  But he has never had a problem before.  Does this sound like an allergy?  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Is it possible to develop an allergy like this suddenly?  Thanks for any help.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be an allergic reaction, if the symptoms have developed repeatedly with the same food. We can develop allergies to different things throughout our lifetimes as the allergy develops in response to a repeated stimulus. Maintain a food diary and note down and monitor his symptoms. This may help to narrow down the search. His symptoms of wheezing could also be due to Asthma. So, if it persists consult your for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Avatar universal
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Avatar universal
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources