Allergy Community
Allergic to hair oil- hair fall

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergic to hair oil- hair fall

I have extremely long hair, past my waist. Recently, I seem to have developed allergy to hair oil. Normally (because this is a tropical place) I leave my hair with oil for 2 days and then wash. But now, its getting difficult to stay 2 days with oil. A few hours after applying oil, some white creamy substance starts building up in the hair and slowly spreads. Immediately after a day I start feeling itching sensation on the scalp. It will increase if I dont wash my hair. Due to this I am losing more hair. I have lost lots of hair since more than 1 year.

Actually washing hair regularly is a problem, because its thick and long. It takes lot of time to dry ( I dont use dryer. I go out for work.

Pl get a solution to avoid this infection on the scalp.
Since it seems the problem is with the application of the oil, stop using it.   The best thing would be for you to go without any kind of oil for a while to allow your hair follicles to heal and the hair to begin regrowing. Since you didn't say why you use oil on your hair, I will assume it is as a hair conditioner for dry hair.  Try using beer or coconut milk, or raw milk, or condensed milk as a conditioner.  Apply the beer or milk and allow to stand on hair for about 10-15 minutes and rinse well.  good luck