Allergic to probiotics?
I rarely ever have yogurt, but today I had three bottles (approx. 10 fl oz total) of that new DanActive, and afterwards my throat and tongue were itching like crazy, and it's hard to swallow, and a little bit later I started itching generally everywhere. This was several hours ago and although the symptoms are generally mild, they're still here. I'm just wondering if it's possible to be allergic to a bacteria, or if I should look a little harder for what may have really triggered this. Really, for all I know this isn't even an allergic reaction, but it's my best guess.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

It certainly sounds like an allergy. The problem is, which ingredient in the yogurt are you allergic to ? I would consider contacting the company, just in case it is the probiotics. I'm not sure what they have added to their new product.
I had the same reaction. Anyone ever get any information?
The most common food allergy triggers are the proteins in cow's milk, eggs, nuts, wheat, soy, fish, and shellfish. If you're allergic to one of these foods, you may start to notice symptoms within a few minutes to a few hours of eating it. (If you're severely allergic, you might have a reaction after simply touching or smelling the food.) First you may find that your lips, mouth, and throat are swollen and itchy. You may also become congested or have trouble breathing or develop a rash. As the food moves into your stomach, you might suffer from nausea, vomiting, cramps, or diarrhea.
You might wnt to take a look if there any preservatives/food additives which could be a trigger.
The only way to avoid food-allergy symptoms is to avoid the food. You could take an OTC anti-histamine to reduce the itching.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/foodallergies
I had eaten DannoIn yogurt 4 years ago and ended up with corneal ulcers. When they did a culture they found some sort of yeast culture in my eye! Well 4 years later and an elimination diet I found I am allergic to anything with yeast in it. I have also suffered from fibromyalgia for 10 years. Now I grabbed what I thought was generic Airborne from Krogers last night and put 2 tablets in a glass of juice.l Since I am far sighted I did not bother to read label. It was product placed next to Airborne. Today I woke up at 4:00 am. with itchy, burning eyes and severe allergy sympoms. 8 hours later my eye is on fire and I have  no insurance to go to eye doctor. I ran to the kitchen and looked at every label of everything I ate. I looked at my generic Airborne and low and behold if it doesn't say in small type Effervescent Plus Probiotic. I look on the back and it has Bacillus GPI-30 in it and I took 2 of them and now may have to go to ER for cornea ulcer or severe eye infection. My body is so immune comprised it can not handle this "good bacteria" in it. This is the 2nd time that this has happened in my life and the last time was exactly the same reaction. DO NOT TAKE PROBIOTICS IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO YEAST. People are giving this to their children and they are breaking out in rashes and every website I go to says - Oh, maybe its the brand. It's not. You are not alone in the yeast - bacteria - good or bad thing. Help, how do I get these probiotics out of my body immediately? This is no coincidence as I felt great before I went to bed last night and thought I was taking a vitamin supplement.
I had eaten Dannon yogurt 4 years ago and ended up with corneal ulcers. When they did a culture they found some sort of yeast culture in my eye! Well 4 years later and an elimination diet I found I am allergic to anything with yeast in it. I have also suffered from fibromyalgia for 10 years. Now I grabbed what I thought was generic Airborne from Krogers last night and put 2 tablets in a glass of juice.l Since I am far sighted I did not bother to read label. It was product placed next to Airborne. Today I woke up at 4:00 am. with itchy, burning eyes and severe allergy sympoms. 8 hours later my eye is on fire and I have  no insurance to go to eye doctor. I ran to the kitchen and looked at every label of everything I ate. I looked at my generic Airborne and low and behold if it doesn't say in small type Effervescent Plus Probiotic. I look on the back and it has Bacillus GPI-30 in it and I took 2 of them and now may have to go to ER for cornea ulcer or severe eye infection. My body is so immune comprised it can not handle this "good bacteria" in it. This is the 2nd time that this has happened in my life and the last time was exactly the same reaction. DO NOT TAKE PROBIOTICS IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO YEAST. People are giving this to their children and they are breaking out in rashes and every website I go to says - Oh, maybe its the brand. It's not. You are not alone in the yeast - bacteria - good or bad thing. Help, how do I get these probiotics out of my body immediately? This is no coincidence as I felt great before I went to bed last night and thought I was taking a vitamin supplement.
i took  the now probiotic defense  i got an allergic reaction my face got lots of dots like pimples look like its swollen and itchy, i stop taking it. I used to have a very nice skin and that is the only new product i tried.
I started getting a really bad allergic reaction from "Inner Health Plus" Dairy Free Probiotics. I couldn't pinpoint at the time what was causing this as I had introduced several new foods/supplements to my diet at the same time. I get very bad lumpy hives under my arms, all the way (usually in a straight line) around my back to my bottom. I eliminated all new foods, supplements and even toiletries gradually and then reintroduced them to find that it was in fact the probiotic which caused this reaction - usually within an hour or two. Shortness of breath and a feeling of tightening in my throat/chest area often accompanies the hives breakout. I suffered from hives for months until I finally took my husband's advice and took some Loratadine tablets. This really helped and the hives subsided immediately but left dark marks where they were for months on end. Now, even a spoonful of yoghurt makes me breakout and I've still got mild, long term hives and general itchiness. The manufacturers never warn you and actually it's quite dangerous if it causes a severe allergic reaction which can result in death. But in general, it has ruined my life because I could eat anything before but not anymore. It seems even products containing algae or seaweeds or sugar or even a glass of wine makes me breakout. I hate the word probiotics now. There should be a public health warning about this!
I had the exact same problem when I talke "probiotic plus". I developed several allergic reactions to certain foods that I was eating them normally before that damn SAFE!!!! probiotic!
Actually pribiotics is just a b****y lie
Its not a cure its poison that brings money to some companies owned by fat rich pigs.