Allergy Community
Allergic to shampoo???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergic to shampoo???

ok, so i have accepted the fact that my skin is sensitive to A LOT of things! iv got body wash, detergent, and body lotion down....but i cant seem to find the right shampoo! its so irritating! i thought it was only conditioners i couldnt use but now my shampoo is causing me to get sores on my head and becomes really itchy. iv tried a few shampoos such as dove, head and shoulders dry itchy scalp, tressemmee(sp?) pantene. those are a few that i can remember....
i dont know anything about shampoo, so i dont know what to look for when im trying to find one that i wont have an allergic reaction to.

any suggestions?
Try a sulphite free shampoo I found that was causing my itchy scalp the drug stores sell sulphite free, conditioner is okay it doesn't appear to have sulphite in it ..
Buy Dr. Bronner's Castile shampoo. He also makes a soap. What you have been using are detergent shampoos and these often cause allergic reactions. By the way castile shampoo (a soap, not a detergent) does not dry out your hair. Detergents remove the oils from your hair and you have to use conditioner. Once you have been using a soap shampoo long enough for healthy hair to grow out, you can say goodbye to conditioners. You will be surprised how shiny your hair will be.
Thank you guys so much! Ill give those a try :)