Allergy Community
Allergies, sinus infection and dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Viewing 201-253 comments:
well to you and anyone in here iam not a spammer i have had the same symptoms as you and most in this room of quotes i tried everything as well i couldn't focus. dizzy like half drunk pressure behind the eyes etc you name it i was getting pretty scared myself so i had order DIATAMACOUS EARTH  to kill some ant problems around the house. well as i got to reading about some of the health benefits from it i figured what the hell i had nothing to loose so i started drinking a teaspoon a day and to much of my surprise it has Disapeared not saying its a cure but it has help me i thought i was dieing might want to try some of it and sorry about the typing and spelling i don't post much  
oh and by the way i been to every specailist there is and MRI, ct scan ear,nose,and throat all normal i think they think i am crazy or something and mine wasn't meniere's disease they had no clue
i literally cried when i read this because the same thing has been happening to me over the past week. it's just so reassuring to know that i'm not the only person in the world going through this. it all started wen i took a whiff of some hand sanitizer my friend gave me. after that i've been feeling extremely dizzy. i have an anxiety disorder and so i had a panic attack because i din't know wat was wrong. i always have panic attacks on the bus on the way to school. some days i feel so anxious i feel like i'm going to pass out. i've been so stressed out that i've started to bite my nails and over eat. i talked to my doctor about my anxiety and he prescribed aprazolam for me. it is amazing! i only take it wen i really need it tho because i don't like taking pills. it really works. i think you should talk to your doctor about aprazolam. you can also try talking about your anxiety with any close relative because it really helps to get it all off your chest. i really hope you feel better
I know what you mean. Ive been feelinf really fatigue and tired all the time. In only 28 and I used to be so energetic  I'd excercise. Now Sometimes I dont even have the energy to do certain things. Ive been to the doctor and they hav told me that I have allergies. I didnt know they cpould cause all this. I wish I was normal again. I dont have insuranse and its hard. I was told about taking certain natural herbs so I might try walking into a store and asking whats good for it. Good luck.
By the way Ive been feeling all these symtoms (symptoms) too for about the past year or so. I know everyone in my family thinks Im crazy and the doctors I see keep telling me Im ok. But I know what I feel and I know its not normal. I feel like my ears are stuffed. I feel no pain in them though. Then II get dizzy all the time. Weather Im sitting or standing sometimes it just hits me. Then theres the nasea. It doesnt matter what time of the day it is or weather I ate or not I feel sick to my stomach. Headaches I get every now and then. My doctor thought it was depression or stress at one point and told me to take time to myself. My symptoms were so bad that I got out of college. Then I took a trip for a couple of days and yet none of that did me any good. I do feel stressed now but only because no one can figure out whats wrong with me. I have three kids and I try my hardest to put a smile on my face in order to make them think mommys ok. I dont understand why doctors cant figure it out. At least now I know Im not alone. No one is. Not to mention that when I wake up my eyes feel a little swollen and are a little red. Its crazy cause I dont do drugs and hardly even drink but yet sometimes my body feels as if its on something. I dont even have the strength to do anything. I clean and do what I need but get tired easily. If anyone figures out what it is before me please let me know.
Wow I dont feel so crazy anymore. I have been having my symptoms for over 3 years now and getting worse. The dizziness is really bad these past few weeks wheter Im sitting or standing it just dont go away. My newest symptoms are the swollen red eyes my eyelids are dry and the skin is so rough and itchy I just want to rip them out it hurts and I have been getting the worst bags underneth the eyes. I have been thur 3 MRI ENT Allergist everything I take allery meds everyday and im now on Cymballta for the past 6 months or longer and I wonder if the new symptoms have anything to with it the doctor doesnt seem to think so. This is just very confussing and scary. Im glad I found this site though I feel I little better knowing Im not alone.
what doctor did you see that caused the aspartame poisoning. I have done absolutely all the things you have done and my next list it to see a migraine specialist. thanks~!
I'm thinking my issue is mold! Did you ever find out?
I am so relieved I am not the only one suffering through this! I just had the testing done yesterday where they put the goggles on you and you have to follow the laser with your eyes and the one where they blow cold and hot air into your ears. I passed it all with flying colors. which is great that my ears are healthy, but SO frustrating because I still don't know what's causing the dizziness. I've had it off and on for over a year and my most recent vertigo attack was about 4 months ago. I was in bed for four days!! I am so scared that I will have another attack. I've had two bad ones and I have some form of dizziness all day long. I was beginning to think I was crazy or a Hypochondriac! I'm so thankful that I found this forum today. I feel a lot better knowing I'm not alone in this struggle. There has got to be an answer somewhere. I've been on allergy shots for years and allergy pills and Rhinocort Aqua Spray, but I still get these dizzy spells. My sypmtoms are always worse when I'm at work and when I'm at home. I don't suffer too much when I'm away from work or the house, I'm wondering if there isn't something else I'm allergic to that I don't know about. Maybe a food allergy? I'm going to clean my house from top to bottom over the next several days and see if that changes anything. I will report back and lat ya'll know what happens! Again, I thank God I found this forum!!
Wow this is incredible. I'm so glad I found this forum. I have been suffering for over 2 years now with these same symptoms. It started out when I noticed I was dizzy, nauseous, and extremely exhausted. I thought it would go away, but it continued and escalated till I was having very dizzy spells almost like I was about to black out, neck stiffness, headaches, then panic attacks started.  I experienced earaches frequently, disorientation, and feeling like my head was in the fog. I went to the doctor many times, initially she thought it was allergies and prescribed flonase to clear up my sinuses. She told me that if it didn't clear up, I needed and MRI because it had been a year since I had been going in complaining of these symptoms. My MRI was normal aside from a lot of congestion in my sinuses. The doctor put me on Lexapro for a year to help with my anxiety and my panic attacks about this. That worked for a year to calm my nerves, but my other symptoms aside from the anxiety were still there. Recently I decided to get off the Lexapro to see how I would do without it. The anxiety is better, I seem to have figured out that the symptoms I am feeling are coming from severe allergy problems of some kind. And able to tell my mind that so I don't go into panic fight of flight every time I feel dizzy or woozy. I'm desperate to find an answer and a cure because living like this is miserable. I'm going to an Allergist this saturday and hope he can help me.
My boyfriend has had dizziness for over two years now. Hes been to the docs about it several times, and they have given him a diff answer every time. They said his sinus's are very swollen up, and the dizziness is often brought on when he sprays fragrance or i wear perfume.
Does anyone know if they would be able to test if this is what he is allergic to at the docs? He doesnt come out in a rash, so I dont know how they would do it.
He still gets it other times as well and has no idea why, but its got to the point where its stopping him doing things. Has anyone had a simular thing or know what it might be?

I am suffering with many of these symptoms as well, and I am very concerned about this.  Mine hit me all of a sudden at work on December 19, 2011. It did not go away, I have a "hangover" type head and headache, as well as extreme pressure in my sinus area and head.  I feel weird, like I'm stoned or something, although I am quite alert.  Sometimes my right eye feels a little "off", but I have no problem seeing.  I was planning on having my eyes checked again because I got two new eyeglass prescriptions and thought maybe something is wrong with them.  My body now has waves of this weird feeling too.  I feel queasy and woozy and this stays 24-7.  I think I even feel this when I am sleeping, although I have been taking a sleeping pill for several months now because I am an insomniac, and I certainly feel it when I open my eyes.  When I first saw the doctor in early January he gave me antibiotics because he thought it was a sinus infection.  I did not have a fever and my sinuses felt clear, no congestion.  After I finished these antibiotics, I did not go away, so I went back and he gave me stronger ones to take for a longer period of time.  Those didn't work either.  I have been for a sinus xray because he thought perhpas there was something in the sinuses but that was clear.  I have had blood work done and that was good.  I am going for an MRI brain scan tomorrow, but by the sounds of this forum, that will probably be normal too (at lease I hope they don't find anything!).  I'm so frustrated with this and very frightened!  I forget what "normal" feels like and I want it back!  I also have chronic issues with carpal tunnel, and I think I have a pinched nerve somewhere as well.  I have had an MRI of my neck and lower back too.  Hopefully something comes to light soon and all of us can be better again!
Hello everyone,

I too had and still have, though now too a much lesser degree many of the symptoms discussed in this blog.  Ten years ago I came down with severe headaches and dizziness.  I went through pretty much all the test and doctors many of you mentioned on this blog.  To make matters worse a neurologist even told me I had liver cancer, which thankfully I didn’t.  I finally went to an ENT who told me I had something called “VASOMOTOR RHINITIS”.  None of the meds and nasal sprays worked.   It was so bad at one point that I crashed my car.  I took a leave of absence from work and started making a detail analysis of where I felt worse.
In my case what I discovered was that carpets and upholstery were giving me the headaches and dizziness.  I removed the carpeting from my apartment and my car.  I had the interior of my car re-done in vinyl and leather, removing all the upholstery.
So for those of you that may have “VASOMOTOR RHINITS” like me, look into whether you are being exposed to carpeting at home at work.  Try to remove yourself if possible from that environment to see if your condition improves.
Hope this helps someone.

Oscar
I have had bouts of vertigo for the past two to three years.  It seemed like every time I got a "bug" that was going around, I would get horrible vertigo for months afterward.  At times, even rolling over in bed was miserable.  I felt like crap every day for months on end, feeling like I was suffering from the worst hangover ever that would never stop.  I tried reducing pressure on my inner ear by using mucous reliever, I tried meclizine, I tried allergy pills.  It would seem to start and stop no matter what I did.  My physician was rather dismissive and offered no additional help.  

I finally had a stretch of several months free of it.  Then, with no warning, I rolled over in bed one night and was spinning so bad I was retching.  Coincidently, I had some peanut butter that evening - which I had not had in the house for several months.  I have eaten peanut butter all my life at least 3 to 4 times a week.  Based only on superstition, I have avoided peanut butter since that date and have been vertigo free!  I don't know if it is really the peanuts or something else in that particular brand of peanut butter or if it is all in my head (figuratively!) but I am just thrilled that I have had no reoccurences in six months.  It does seem possible that as we age, our sensitivity to foods may change, so don't rule out food allergy or food intolerance just because you have eaten something your whole life.  
Take Sudafed 24 hour pill. A once-a-day pill for relief from sinus congestion and pressure.  My nose was stuffed up and I had major dizziness where  I thought I was going to pass out, the worst was when I was driving.  Felt like my brain wanted to shut down.  I also had the ocasional migraines.  Even a mild eye pain or pressure and what felt like mild muscle twitching near my eye lids.  I also had light sensitivity.  The sudafed reduces swelling of the nasal passages along with other blood vessels in the head.  I feel like a normal person for the first time in years.  Basically, your blood vessels in your sinus and head are inflamed and this pill will reduce the swelling.  
try seeing a chiro who knows about adusting the 1st vertebra (axis) this has cured my dizziness......he should see you every few days for several visits then once a month!
I also suffer from very similar issues and did extensive research and one thing I stumbled across is that panic and anxiety disorders can manifest themselves as dizziness, vertigo with no sign of other symptoms.  Ofcourse until after the dizziness bugs you out. I had all kinds of tests done., MRI, manieres test ect... and nothing. I do believe in the allergy thingy cuz it does seem to happen to me arund then aswell just not as bad as other times.I've been fortunate this past year with very mild and few and far between symptoms.acctually having some today hence while I'm in this room. Its a vicious cycle ain't it. Good luck to you and remember if you do have allergies with pressure in your head, face, ears wherever, its probably that,  but it can be from anxiety even if you don't feel anxious.  Hope you feel better
I have had that ruled out because MENIERES DISEASE affects only ONE ear.   If your symptoms are on both sides, it is not MENIERES DISEASE.  
The slow feeling is from vertigo caused by flid in he ear.  Bonine should help.  Atihistamines to clear luid out of ears.
I am going through the same thing that you all are. I literally cry every day because I dont know what to do. My vertigo started 10 yrs ago. I got it every spring for 7 years staight. For 2 years it didnt come and now I feel it again. I have been to every single doctor and had literally 50 tests done on my ears, my brain, my sinuses, anything you can think of.  I am trying acupuncture treatments next week. I dont know where else to turn.  No doctor can tell me why I have this. All of my medical testing is negative to anything bad. I am SOOOOOOOO frustrated and just dont know how to handle this. I just cry all the time
Hi Amy - what exactly was the medicine that you were prescribed for the mold allergy that helped you? I have similar symptoms and was prescribed fluconazole
You should definatelly go get tested for allergies.  I am pretty sure thats whats going on since I had exactly the same issues.  No allergy meds worked for me at all.  I started on allergy shots and withing a few months was feeling great.  Please do yourself a favor and go to an immunologist.  
All of my symptoms started 8 days ago. So far I have missed 7 days of work and have been to the ER twice and Urgent Care once. At first I thouht that I had heat exhaustion when coming home from work because we have no AC but learned the next day when my drunk/high like stuffy/swishy head feeling wasn't gone that it was something else. I've been severely dizzy for the past 8 days. The ER did a CT scan and said I have a severe sinus infection and sent me home with Augmentin and said Ishould feel better in 48-72 hours and I don't. I went back and they said I have Vertigi because of it so they gave me meclazine which doesn't help. Sometiems my heart speeds up like a panic attack and then it's sore and my left arm, my dominant arm, doesn't feel right anymore. In 8 days I've forgotten what's like to not feel this. I don't kmow what to do anymore.
Never had allergy till yesterday, sneezing my eyes were watery and today woke up feeling very dizzy and lighthead please any suggestion
I understand your panic at symptoms nobody can explain but which make you feel horrible. I've been through it, too...and also have a bit of health anxiety/hypochondria, too! : ))) All I can do to help is to assure you that, while I'm not a doctor, I doubt sincerely you have anything fatal. You are NOT GOING TO DIE FROM THIS. It feels like that, especially when your imagination takes over, but YOU ARE BASICALLY OK. You just feel like crap. Chronic sinusitis can make you feel horrible. Try to get lots of sleep, drink plenty of water, eat fresh foods, and do all those things that seem to help some folks: nasal irrigation, multivitamin, bromelain, vitamin C, steaming...and meditation to keep you calm. Peace out...
Hi just thought i would pass this on. As it may help someone..Ok i am 53 and never had a sinus infection in my life..Untill 2 years ago..I got sinus infections so bad cronic (chronic) pain in the back of my neck behind my eyes. I couldnt even stand to listen to some,one talk on the phone or in person the vibrations in there voice would make my ears pain..Took anti biotics it would clear up..a week later it would be back again..For about 12 months it was antibiotics a week of being healthy then i got it back again..Untill a doctor told me what has happened in your enviroment that is different..ok i thought then realised i had just bought a new house..It had one of those reverse cycle air conditioners on the wall facing oppisite to my lounge..So for the first time i had hot air blowing in my face..I hated it but there was nothing i could do as it was cold and the lounge was small..I had also devoleped a habbit which i had not done before and that was having the airconditioning blowing on the top half of me in the car..It too was going in my face..So even though the wall heater in my house was only 2 years old.I cleaned the filters and hung a bed sheet over the outlet vents so it would blow the sheet out a bit but stopped it blowing in my face..I swept every bit of dust from the floor..Took my usual anti biotics and sinus went away ..I havent had it for a year now..I am convinced it was the heater blowing dust from the floor or just the dust in the air that caused the problem..My girlfriend gets sinus .she sits under a air conditioning vent all the time..Its amazing how many people that get cronic (chronic) sinus sit next to airconditioning vents either in the ceiling or wall..just thought i would pass that on..it may help someone else ..Cheers Desley.
im glad your feeling better !!! there is hope!! ive had now for a year "sinus infections" which this last one turned into some mess!! it started with a headaches, dizzyness,wanting to black out due to my eye pain/headaches and then my neck pain. Which ,  everyone must think im crazy because i went to the er 4 out of 5 days last week but i dont care i knew something was wrong. So they finally took an ct scan   and saw inflammation in my sinus behind my eyes which would explain why i feel like this but i prob have allergies sooo now i gotta go for that!! just want answers i have 2 small kids thyat need my attention  but im stuck on feeling like crap =(
Really glad I been researching this and found this forum. Im 42 years old and I too suffer from dizzyness, sinus pressure, the feeling like Im going to pass out that just comes from no where, eyes seem to be seeing everything in slow motion, just wierd stuff. I didnt have a problem with allergies until my early 30's, once I hit 41 I started getting the symptoms. I have had all the test and everything always comes out fine. I was told I have a slight case of Mineres Disease (spelling) but that it wasnt that bad. I was given a prescription of flonase which seems to help a little but doesnt take it away. My doctor told me to try meclizine which I havent tried yet but thinking of trying this weekend. I feel better to know that Im not the only one it seems that quite a few people have the same issue. Im sure my doctor thinks Im nuts I can see it in his eyes when I explain to him my issue. Im trying to hang in there and be strong but its hard sometimes, luckily I have an understanding wife who supports me through all of this but I feel bad sometimes like I am burdening her. Im going to continue to research and try new remedies until I find the one that finally fixes it. Stay strong guys!
Any chance you suffered a head trauma?  Even without that  the crystals iun your middle ear may be moving out of the normal position. I went to a balance institute here in FL. There is a simple set movement of your head that is done by the physician and then a modified process done at home.
I had one treatment and learned how the perform the series of head movements to enhance the proper crystal postion. prior to the treatment A test was done in the Nose and Throat Specialist office which pinpointed the left ear was the culprit.

I happened to have fallen and wacked my head in 07.  The positional dizziness can scare you especially while driving. Also looking up can be followed by some moderate dizziness. It has been 2 months since my training and I have a rare dizzy spell when lying down too fast and rolling onto my left side. So there is hope for you. If you want to know more about the treatment and location of treatment feel free to post a note to me. Otherwise best of luck in recovering.
I totally feel everyone's pain on this issue.

For about 10 years now I have suffered to a lesser or greater degree at times from the issues described above...dizziness...lightheadedness...sinus congestion...thank the Lord mine haven't turned into constant sinus infections.  I take singulair, loratadine and astepro every day.  I also started about 3 days ago...again...taking 1000 mg of vitamin C, a b complex vitamin and vitamin E...that seems to help sometimes not....been diagnosed with vasomotor rhinitis and maybe allergic to some things for which they don't test...the last part is speculative.

I have been tested 3 times for allergies.  Twice for airborne allergies...once on the arm...and once on my back.  I have also been tested once for food allergies.  All of the tests returned negative...absolutely negative. The allergist didn't even want to do the food allergy test but I wanted to be sure. Allergist and general practitioner just smirk and shove some astepro in my nose...don't really like that...doctors take note for improved bedside manner. ENT is more sympathetic but often just sends me back to allergist. I will be trying a new ENT tomorrow.

The first time I remember having symptoms was after vacuuming the floors in an old church...started wearing a mask and the symptoms went away.  Then symptoms occurred after moving into an old house....pulled out all the old carpeting which was 3 levels thick.  That helped a lot.  Sometime later I moved into a mobile home...that was probably the worst experience in my life. Symptoms went away when I moved into a brand new rental house.  

I've been married now for 6 years....just about every place in which we have lived has caused me problems....2 apartments and one rental house. The rental house seemed to be worse than any of them though.

Now, we bought a home in January.  It has caused endless problems with my sinuses. We had an air quality test done...high particles...high humidity and high CO2. The humidity has been remedied for the most part by a dehumidifier. I take the indoor air quality test with a grain of salt though my wife thinks the guy who did it is bumping some numbers up given that he is pretty much a salesman....and I totally totally have come to not trust AC or air quality people AT ALL....total racket...talk about the evils of capitalism in this area.  We had one guy install an extra return to help deal with the humidity...he hacked it all together and had fiberglass particles going into my ac just so the expensive filter he installed would catch them....he did all this after I told him I had issues.  Real smart guy.

I wake up in the morning...take a shower and start gagging. This has happened in a lot of my other places too.  It seems to be worse when the weather outside is changing.  But when I go out side I do a lot better...sound weird yet.  My wife is fine...my five year old son is fine.  Drinking a lot of water helps...but running to the bathroom every 15 minutes gets old fast...and most importantly it doesn't cure the situation.  Mucinex D seems to help a lot but I'm not sure about taking it with all of my allergy meds.  I'm also very much more interested in causes rather than treating the symptoms.  I'm not completely opposed to treating symptoms in the interim though.

My questions are

Has anyone had any success treating this from an anxiety perspective?

Has anyone had any success treating this type of thing with accupuncture?

Many people who come into my house don't have any symptoms even my mom who has many repsiratory issues.

Don't know what to do.

Took the return out myself over the watchful eye of an ac guy who is a friend.
Hey all, it's nice to see this thread is still going. I started this (as stacia123) six years ago and wanted to share the things I've discovered during this time, hopefully some of it will help you out.

Way back at the beginning of the thread I was talking about my doctor dismissing me and needing to go to an ENT. I finally went to an ENT in 2006 despite my GP, who said I was just a hypochondriac. The ENT took me seriously and did a slew of tests, but then talked to my GP who convinced him I was making it all up. The ENT wouldn't even see me for a followup.

I was at my wit's end, literally crying when I just picked a new doctor out of the phone book. This was the end of 2006, maybe early 2007. I ended up with the BEST doctor I could have hoped for. After a bunch of tests and trial and error over the years, I have had these diagnoses which have all helped my sinus problems and dizziness:

1. Sleep apnea. I was diagnosed with this as a kid in the 1980s but was told it was no big deal. My current doc said it was a HUGE deal. I was put on a CPAP and my immune system response to colds and such has improved, as has the dizziness.

2. Anemia. My mother was very anemic and it looks like I am, too. My old doc apparently knew I was anemic and never told me! It's pretty bad, I'm staving it off with 4 supplements plus vitamin C (helps absorb the iron better) per day, but if it gets worse then I'll need IV iron treatment. This has helped the fatigue and dizziness.

3. PCOS. It affects my immune system, apparently, I was put on metformin to regulate PCOS and have had great results, especially with energy and muscle aches.

4. More allergy control. Twice daily nasal irrigation, Flonase, Claritin and sometimes Benadryl has helped quite a bit. If you do nasal irrigation and are very congested, try a little Alkalol -- it's a menthol and herbal liquid you can get at drug stores that helps thin mucus. I put 1 ounce of Alkalol in with 7 ounces of warm saline and rinse with a nasal rinse bottle. Mucinex also helps, as does a bit of Vicks Vap-O-Rub under the nostrils. When the allergies get really bad, I take OTC pseudoephedrine.

5. Omeprazole. After a CT scan a few months ago showed my left ethmoid sinus was clogged (multiple "cells" within it were clogged) even after 3 rounds of antibiotics and some steroids, I was sent back to the ENT. It was a new doctor, but he somehow got the old doctor's reports and decided before I even walked into the office that I wasn't sick. He was terrible, said I had been diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia years ago (I hadn't) and then lied about the CT scan results just to get me out of the office. After I protested, he prescribed omeprazole -- and it has helped! It took a good 6 weeks on OTC omeprazole, but the infections have vastly improved. The problem is that the side effects of omeprazole are terrible for me. I try to make do with other strong antacids (any of them help: Tagamet, Nexium, Zantac, Pepcid, etc.) but still need omprazole 2 weeks per month at minimum (omeprazole stops acid production altogether, which is helpful for the short-term but I'm not keen on it for the long term.)

All these things have helped over the years, and I feel better in 2012 than I did back in 2006.  But it is a LOT of work to do all this just to maintain a decent status quo, and I still get days where I feel rotten, just not AS rotten as before.

Of course, some of these things aren't going to be problems you have -- most of you won't have PCOS or sleep apnea. But I wanted to mention them anyway, just in case.

I really recommend trying a few things and see what works, and keeping a list or journal to jot down results. Remember that a lot of this stuff doesn't work immediately, so give it several days and repeated tries before discounting it.  Good luck!
Ask for a heavy metal toxicity test ...you may have environmental allergies cause by the aerial spraying of toxins ...Look up 'What on earth are they Spraying'
Hi, I try Dramamine when it gets really bad, mold count goes high with pollen outside.  It helps with the dizziness and then I take a Claritin a day during heavy pollen times.  I have gone thru two allergy testings, a lot of sinus infections in the past.  I too have Asthma and Allergies so it's just experience to make me feel better.  Carry Dramamine with you in your purse and dissolvable Claritin and when you feel it's bad outside  take the Claritin and if dizziness starts don't drive when you take Dramamine but any other time.  It might make you sleepy so never drive after taking it.  I always keep it in my purse going around roads, etc especially when the pollen outside and mold count is bad.  One to two days after it rains mold count is usually very high and even if it is dry outside you can have a high mold count...so www.pollen.com sends me a report each day with my zip code.  Hope this helps.

Not sure if you still check this website---but I am wondering if you recovered from vertigo.  I have gotten it every year for the past 5 years---only once a year and in the Spring time.  I just started accupuncture and it seems to be helping me out--- been to a bunch for doctors who all think I am nuts!

Would love to compare notes if you are up to it!

hello, I too have had it several times, but this is the first time I used Allegra and it really works. Symptoms were, tight band feeling around the head, ears felt strange, lots of popping. Itchy red eyes, always felt like I had been sucking a lemon (strange feeling in my neck below the ear lobe) headaches in the back of the head at the nape of my neck & temples. Scalp felt swollen. nausea, watering eyes, runny nose and a few more I had a MRI 2 days ago and it came back fine, I have been on everything...it took my cousin to finally go to UCONN with the same problem and they told her to take Allegra, she posted it on Facebook and I contacted her about symptoms...all the same, tried the Allegra and it WORKS!!! she was told to take it for 10 days, so that's what I am going to do.
I was diagnosed with vestibular migraines, it was the 5 thousand dollar  diagonosis. i was told that I had had menaires among other things. I was given a beta blocker ,  and the vertigo has stopped. I alwayd feel pressure in my ears as well. get a mri.
I want to help every one i can because i have suffered so greatly and everyone just looks at me like im crazy or a hypo condriac!  SO... get some KLONOPIN, .05-1 mg when you feel this dizziness with congetested sinusitis.
It has saved me.  It will mellow you out and make the dizzy go away quite well. You can also mix it will some low dose meclizine.  Get on prednisone 20mg for first day, 10 then 5 and 5mg. to wean off.  short spurts to reduce the inflamation (inflammation)!  I hope this helps, it has saved my life, i was feeling like suicide some days.  NO ONE should live this way and it still bothers me but i do what i can because doctors SUCK!!!!! SUCK!!!!! DONT EVEN GO, i figured this all out myself pretty much!  GOOD LUCK, GOD BLESS YOU!  
GET KLONOPIN! IT WILL EASE YOUR ANXIETY SO WELL YOU WON"T BELIEVE IT.  1 mg.  IT ALSO MAKES LIFE BETTER WITH OTHER ISSUES LIKE DIZZINESS AND SINUS PRESSURE
MOLD HAS DESTROYED MY SINUSES!!!! GET OUT AND GET WELL BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. PREDISONE WILL HELP ALOT BUT YOU CAN ALSO STARV THE FUNGUS FROM YOUR BODY BY BASICALLY STARVING YOURSELF>  NO SUGAR  NO DAIRY NO BREADS.... NO BUTTER JUST FISH AND VEGGIES.... ! GOD BLESS.  ALSO EYCLALYPTIS NASAL SPRAY WILL KILL FUNGUS BUT IT BURNS. ITS NATURAL SO MIX WILL SALINE!  PREDISONE IS THE BEST BET.... ANTI INFLAMATION (inflammation)!
Do some research on candida and its effects on the body. It may help. I too was having problems with chronic infections and vertigo, anxiety, depression, pretty much every ailment you could think of. Then I heard about systemic yeast infections and the symptoms and misery it can cause. I went on a very strict diet and noticed an improvement almost immediately. It may not be the correct answer for all of you but if it helps someone out there then I feel good about passing on the knowledge and helping.  
I have had Meniere's syndrome for 10 years and it does progress to both ears. I wear bilateral hearing aids which does not mask the tinnitus. I never not hear noises unless I am asleep. I have periods of remission from the vertigo sometimes as long as a year. I keep meclizine, chewable nauzene, Dramamine, Sudafed and saline nasal wash with me daily because I never know when I am going to have an attack.My allergy triggers are perfumes  carpeting, cats, dogs, mold , mildew dust and house dust. I developed Meniere's after my thyroid became hyperactive I have had it radiated but the damage is already done.
Glad I found this feed. I have been dealing with vertigo for the last week. Went to the dr. and found there is fluid in my ears. I could feel the fluid moving in my right ear on Sunday then Monday morning when I sat up in bed I literally fell back on my pillow. Scared the heck out of me. The dr. put on a steroid (with dizziness listed as a side effect, yay) which I hate taking. Since yesterday, I am dealing with sinus pressure and more dizziness, probably from the steroid. I can feel pressure in my ears though I have no pain. I feel fine otherwise but my head feels like a balloon. I am being really careful about how I move my head so as not to get that vertigo feeling anymore than I have to. I am not driving right now because I am too scared to and I have been confined to staying in bed and puttering around the house. My head feels tired and I want to close my eyes but I am still completely aware of what is going on so I am not so wiped out that I fall asleep. I started using essential oils last year and am trying some allergy remedies with oils along with the steroid to see if that will help. I was told that pt can get the crystals back in place so I will do that next week if I don't feel more control with my head by then.
Hi there. Thanks for sharing. I have suffered from the malodor and other symptoms (all which I believe is Candida related) for 16 yrs and only discovered Candida as a likely culprit two months ago. I am so angry because I went to dr after dr who couldn't or wouldn't diagnose the problem. They seemed to dismiss my pleas for help as if  they were too petty to complain about. This was even after I'd poured out my heart and explained how I couldn't hold down a job, couldn't socialize with family and friends, had huge difficulty dating and so on. Basically, it affected my entire life and the drs totally ignored all this. However, I am grateful that I have now discovered Candida and looking to rid myself of it for good. I'm on the diet, but it's not working fast enough. I see some improvements, but I want it all gone right away. i just wish I'd known about this 16 yrs ago. I can't help but think how much better my life may have been or would be now.
Please disregard my previous post. It was posted in the wrong forum and medhelp doesn't allow for editing or deletion.
I hate to say this but I'm glad that there is another person out there with the same thing, I have been dealing with mine for over a year, its been hell, been from dry.to Dr. I did see an allergist and she said you can be dizzy from allergies, I started treatment with drops but the second vile of drops made me worse, now I'm stuck, the dizziness isn't as bad as it was but the pressure is really bad, my life consists of going to work coming home and putting my head back until I go to bed then do it all over again the next day, anyway I see a new neurologist that specializes in all of this so we,ll see, ill let ya know what happens
It sounds to me like Meniers disease. My mother has it. There are injections they can do in the inner ear to help open the tiny blood vessels. Other treatments that are holistic but results are limited. Seems to run I families. Symptoms are extreme vertigo, nausea, vomiting ear pressure, difficulty hearing. Hope you find out what it is and you get better.

Murthom1
Hi there. hoping by now you are feeling better and may be able to share with me what you found out about your medical issue. For almost 2 years now, I have had nausea, tinnitus, fdatigue, constant clear mucous, sometimes very throbbing headaches from base of head around to temple on same side as mucouis, and I have extrodinarily difficult time waking up with hours to snap out of a daze. It's making my life impossible. Any info you may be able to share would be great! Please email me at ***@****. Thank you!!
Viewing 201-253 comments: