Allergies & sinus surgery
I have recently been tested for allergies by my ENT. Out of the 44 local things he tested for, I am allergic to 25 of them. Most of the trees, shrubs, grass, dog, cats, horses, cows. I live in a farming community. I work as a courier, so am outside most of the day. I take Zyrted, and a steroid nasal spray 2x a day. I have to have sinus surgery in Aug for a severly deviated septum, and sinus surgery to clean out sinus. Don't know the correct term for that.

How do I do more to reduce my exposure to these allergens? I keep the vent in my car closed, and windows rolled up. Only open my sliding doors and windows at home at night to cool down house. My head feels stuffy all the time, and my ears are plugged most of the time. Can you tell me what I am looking at in terms of pain, bruising, etc. after the surgery? I will be having it on a Wed, and have taken the rest of that week and following week off work. Will I be on my feet quickly?  Any info would help. Thanks a lot.

You should try and avoid eposure to substances you have documented allergies to. Continue with the steroid nasal sprays and antihistamine medications.

The surgery would involve a bandage over your nose for 3-4 days and more depending upon the surgeon's advise - other than that the set of instructions of things to be done and avoided would be discussed with you prior to and after the surgery.

Do follow up after the surgery about your recovery with your doctor.

Let us know about how you are doing and good luck for the surgery.

Regards.