Allergy Community
Allergies and Body Aches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergies and Body Aches

Hello Everybody,

I've sometimes noticed that when it gets windy, my allergies start to flare up.  Mucus tends to get thicker in sinues.  But I also notice that as I get allergies, I sometimes also get body aches all over my body, especially legs and lower back.  Can allergies do this?  I'm sure there can be many reasons but I'm wondering if allergies can give you body aches like if you are coming down with something.

bear
have you ever injured these areas before or do you do a lot of lifting/bending with your legs and back?  the things that cause your allergies are often accompanied by a change in weather, which also means a change in humidity.  if you've had injuries in these areas or do a lot of lifting/bending, your tissues may be slightly inflamed and causing your aches.  the fact that your allergies flare up is probably because of the change in weather and your aches as a result of the humidity.  

if this doesn't seem to fit your situation, maybe you should check with a doctor and see if there isn't some other connecting factor.

best wishes,

LS
I haven't really injured these areas but I am overweight.  I just hope it's nothing wierd like blood clots or swollen lymph nodes.

bear
What you're experiencing is quite normal for people who are sensitive to allergens. I've studied a bit about air and understand a good deal about it. What is happening is that when things get windy you'll find that there's more air getting into your home, in this way more allergens are getting in but your home is a closed environment so nothing is getting back out. So your house simply sits and gets loaded up with more and more allergens.

What you'll want to do is you'll want to get a filter system, one rated for whole house, and the best that I've found for residential homes that are a good price are Polarized Media Filters. What they do is they go on your furnace (which already affects your home's entire air supply) and they create a static field around the filter which attracts the particles in the air to the fibers in the filter. I used to have a problem with the air in my home, until a colleague of mine suggested this new product. After doing research I found that it was worth my trying it and I found it was well worth what I paid for it.

The best place for price that I've found is at www.airlifeone.com. I'd recommend the Electrobreeze brand seeing as it's essentially the same as the other product only cheaper. I also can personally say that if you have any questions the people who run the company are very easy to talk with. I've not had any problems when I myself had questions on this.

Well, I hope that this will help you out.
Your comments are well taken.  I suffer from bodyaches and sinusitis and it seems that when the weather changes and the winds blow it comes on.  do you have any food allergies with yours?

rosary4u