Allergy Community
Allergies and Neck/back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergies and Neck/back

Can allergies trigger a sort of tremor in your neck? I've been having a lot of ear and sinus blockage and had a doctor tell me that it's possible that my involuntary neck tremors are due to my sinus problems?

I've been going on with this stuff all summer and it seems like allergies and sinuses are like an across the board answer for doctors and I just don't know if I feel like buying it anymore.

I'd like some feedback. Anything would help!

p.s. I'm in zero pain and have no fever, which is why doctors usually push me to the side.
I wouldn't necessarily be so harsh on your doctors, they do experience a lot of different and difficult situations every day, and your doctors diagnosis can most likely be correct. There are allergies that can trigger involuntary actions within your body, and what you'll find is that most of your body is run with involuntary actions. For instance, your digestive system is wholly made up of involuntary actions, moving your arm doesn't trigger it, and there's nothing you can do inside your brain to "tell" your body to digest food. It simply happens. Therefore, when an alien substance is present in the bodies tissue, particularly in the limited space of the head, there are some occurrences where other areas will react.

Still, if it is a problem with allergies and/or your sinuses, I would suggest making your air cleaner in your home so that your body doesn't have to deal with this problem as much. Most people do have a problem with the air quality in their home, but most people don't know how to link it to their air. I had a mild reaction to my own air, but after conferring with a colleague, she gave me some suggestions which I then followed.

I did a little research and found that a really good filter for normal air systems is the Polarized Media Filters. The best place for price that I've found is at www.airlifeone.com, and I'd suggest looking for the Electrobreeze brand, which is cheaper but the company says is the same as the other brand.

I hope that this helps, and again, I would give your doctor a little more help from your end. I know that doctors do charge for what they do, and I completely hold to the fact that when I work, each person deserves the best that I have. There are many who do not hold to this principle like I do, but they still deserve our grace as they have a very difficult job in many instances.