Allergy Community
Allergies and earaches
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Allergies and earaches

I suffer from severe allergy related cough and congestion from October each year til March.  Turns into bronchitus (bronchitis).  Doctor just gave me relcof PSE and DMS.  Since I started this drug, I now have a severe sore throat and earaches in both ears.  Is this the drug or was I already getting sick.  Have had this about four days. (Same amount of time on relcof).  The drug is working extremely well for all of my respitory symptoms with no other side effects.) I can breathe freely thru my nose for the first time in 3 years but am in pain from sore throat and earaches.
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

The sore throat and earache are not due to the drugs but due to the upper respiratory tract infections which are causing the cough and congestion.All these symptoms are related to the excess mucus production or decreased mucus drainage from the sinuses.This excess mucus leads to congestion,cough and sore throat and earache due to pressure on the tympanic membrane.This sore throat is called pharyngitis. It usually occurs when viruses (or sometimes bacteria) from a cold, flu, or sinus infection involve the throat.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause. Viral infections are managed with warm salt water gargles, pain relievers like aspirin., and fluids.Rest adequately and do not smoke.If you are feeling uncomfortable with cough,take over the counter cough suppressants.Also use throat lozenges or throat sprays.They are available over the countert. Antibiotics are needed if bacterial pharyngitis is diagnosed.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me updated on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank