Allergy Community
Allergies and very low grade fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergies and very low grade fever

I have noticed for the past few months.... on and off that I have been getting a low grade "fever" of no more than 99.5
It mostly happens towards the end of the day and night, but can sometimes be the morning or afternoon. (But not every day.)
At first I thought i was getting a flu, I would get symptoms such a warm head (inside) as well as mild chills. But I never got the flu or any cold. I have been suffering from allergies the past few months: itchy eyes, sneezy, scratchy throat and such.
I am wondering if there is a correclation between the temperature and allergies. I have had blood tests done and there seems to be no infection.

Thanks for any info!

it is possible that the temperature increase could be related to the allergy. This can be confirmed only by observing the co-occurrence of the allergy and the fever events.

At the same time, it is important to note that they may not be related at all. Therefore, it is best that you visit your doctor and find out what the cause of the fever is.

Please note that there are many causes of fever and only on close examination can the real cause be elucidated.

Hope this helped.

Let us know the developments and if you may have any other queries.

Best regards

Thank you for your response.

I have been to my DR and he seems to think it is nothing to worry about.
I have had a couple of blood tests in the past few months and absolutely nothing has shown up.

I have been through a series of tests in general and have also been suffering from some increased heart rate after eating at times. I don't know if I am allergic to certain foods as well... sometimes my heart rate goes up to 120 (which I have indeed seen doctors for).
There is nothing wrong with my heart... so it seems that perhaps the heart palpitations and low grade fever may be from food and/or airborne allergens. (Everything is in bloom right now!)

I guess I was just checking to see if any of this was common with allergies.
My doctor told me (haha) I am a bit of an enigma. (I know my system is a bit more sensitive than others, as he has come to see as well.)

Thank you for your info once again.... and if you have anything to add!

Glad the post was of some help to you.

How are you doing now? Are you on any medications currently?

Let us know if you have any doubts.

Regards.
Yes it was helpful.
Unfortunately it is an ongoing thing.
I am not on any prescription medications at all.
I am on a supplement for neurotransmitter support.
I was on a birth control pill that affected me very poorly, which led to the heart palpitations that unfortunately still linger. I had some hormone tests done and found they are pretty messed up (likely due to the pill.)
This supplement contains Rhodiola rosea root, taurine and glycine... apparently this is supposed to help my hyperactive neurotransmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine are a bit too elevated. My seratonin levels are very low as well...which explains the wanting to sleep... and grogginess.
I was originally assuming that all this hormone stuff was affecting my temp but I did some reading and concluded that it may just be the allergies. (Can hormones affect your body temperature? I don't know)
My system in general seems to be working a bit harder just to get everything into balance....
A few possibilites for the low grade fever I suppose.....

Maybe that's why my allergies are worse this year as well.

Thanks so much again for your input!

Just an answer to your query. I think that hormones can affect the body temperature markedly. They may raise or decrease the body temperature.

The information about the hormone pills and the neurotransmitter supplements indicate that these medications may indeed have caused the change in temperatures.

Please try to notice if there are any variations based on the time when you take the medications and when there is a  rise in temperature.

Glad to be of help and keep us posted on your health.

Best regards
Hello! I have a problem with low grade fever, which used to occur for 6 years in spring and summer-time (April-August), but now I have it constantly for the last two years. Quite detailed blood tests seem fine apart from elevated IgE (1000), no visible signs of allergy, but I developed lately post nasal drip. Anyone heard what may cause such symptoms and how to cure them? Thank you!