Allergies causing swollen lymph node?
I've had a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck for several years now.  It is mostly painless (only hurts when I press hard) and it seems to be fixed.  It basically feels the way my neck nodes always get when I have a bad cold, only without the pain.  The node doesn't seem to get bigger or smaller.  It's located behind my jaw and below my ear.  My old doctor was aware of this, but never really pursued the issue.  I didn't think it was a cause for concern until recently.  I was told that the node could be swollen due to allergies.  I have constant sinus congestion, frequently with post-nasal drip, and I typically get two nasty colds (or sinus infections) each year.  When I do get sick, the left node is always the most swollen and most painful.

Does anyone else have a node that has stayed swollen due to allergies?  I have made an appointment with a new doctor and I will have him check this out, but in the mean time I'm freaking myself out thinking about lymphoma (even though I don't have any other symptoms that would indicate that).

Lymph nodes are small (1-2cm) and bean-shaped nodes. They are very important to your body keeping you healthy. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).It is not always lymphoma that causes lympadenopathy.Allergies are more common.

Treatment for inflamed, swollen lymph nodes, also known as lymphadenitis, depends on the cause. In some cases, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers and warm compresses may be all you need. For more serious cases, treatment of swollen lymph nodes involves treating the underlying cause.Also take some precautions like do not poke or squeeze the swollen lymph nodes.

Hope it helps.Take care and regards.

hey i would just like to ask i have an itchy throat and sore throat for 1 year but i doesnt coz pain i have enlarge lympnodes my cbc are ok and normal my hiv test in one year is negative what is this?
Your Eustachian tube is located approximately in the location you describe. You might have a chronic infection that is non-bacterial.(Not treatable by antibiotics)  It could be preventing drainage of your middle ear.
I have similar swelling of lymph nodes below my right chin close to my ear.  I can feel it swelling and getting a little bigger.  At the same time, my face gets warmer.  I have been dealing with a severe allergic reaction (cause is still unknown).  Whenever I take 2 tablets of Benadryl, it calms down a little bit.  I believe it is related to my allergic reaction.  
Hi, I have this exact same thing and was wondering if you ever got any resolution?  I have had chronic sinusitis for many years now.  My lymph node right under my ear, behind my jaw bone has been hard and fixed for over a year now and aches usually anytime I get a cold. However, this last month all of my neck nodes have been swollen and I've had a sore neck and jaw.  The doc says I may have a bacterial infection so he put me on antibiotics that did not do anything to resolve the issues.
I have had allergies for years and when they seem to be bad my neck has pressure just below my ears. I get the sensation like someone has their hands around my throat and neck when I bend over, when this is going on I can feel my heartbeat in my head and face. This is a very uncomfortable sensation, and tends to make me anxious. Also when this dynamic is in play, when I turn my head to left or right I feel dizzy. I guess this is a intense reaction to some allergen.
Hi everyone...have any of you thought about having food allergy testing done??? I truly believe that all of us, myself included, are suffering from food allergies...which, by the way, can be DELAYED!
You can begin getting symptoms of food allergies 3 days after eating a food than your body has a sensitivity to.

You can order food allergy testing kits online, and have the blood drawn at your Dr's office.
Try this site...www.NutritionallyYours.net

Let me know what happens with everyone!
Sincerely,
KIMBERLY:)
I've had aswollen lymph node for about 1mo. Just to give you some background I've had a trach for 11yrs. from a gunshot to the neck. I also have allergies and to make matters worse I work in a dusty environment. One morning I woke up with a swollen lymph node that was actually painful that went away after about 10 days. But when that went away I got nodule in my neck not noticeable but there was a dulled pain and when I touched it I could hear a squishing sound. I went to Dr. had a CT scan but he couldn't find anything. He gave me meds for my allergies and told to suck on lemon juice and pickle juice. I have also ben taking ACV(apple cider vinegar). Anybody else with these symptoms?  
I've had this small swollen lymph node right beneath my right ear, and behind my jaw line since the beginning of spring. Just over a year ago I had an allergic reaction (cause unknown). I went to the doctor once and they said it was nothing to worry about, probably just seasonal allergies. It is a little scary knowing that I've had it for months now. I also recently discovered a small bump behind my left ear. I have itchy ears (on the inside), and an itchy throat, I guess that is the seasonal allergies....I just need more of an explanation.
By process of elimination, I found that the node under my ear swells after eating anything with CORN in it. Almost everything contains some form of CORN (as in corn syrup, corn starch, corn oil, etc.).  It swells a little almost immediately and stays swelled about 3 days.  If I stay off of all CORN products, I do not have a problem.
I actually for years have had a swollen lymph node on the side of my neck on the right side directly below the back of my jaw line.  No pain or anything unless pressing hard.  I actually have never really noticed it its normally pretty small and obsolete but i woke up this morning and it was a little harder and more noticeable which i think it has just swelled up a little.  I was not sure i get allergy shots once every other week and it is also spring time and i get bad allergies and sinus infections this time of year...also i just had my wisdom teeth out and i hear that can mess with your sinuses and some times cause infection...i am hoping there is no cause for worry i was just hoping this sounds normal and its seeming like it does.
I've had swollen gland around ear and jaw too. Its on the same side every sprin/summer and it also happens to be the same side of an old neck injury. I have bad allergies. Im also pregnant and my wisdom teeth seem to be coming in. I also have horrible jaw pain on the side of the swollen glands. I've been on antibiotics 3 times and its still there. Idk what this is!
my oldest is 8 he has swollen lymph nodes in his neck.  My 2 year old has many swollen lymph nodes in his neck (large) and also in his underarm and groin area(small like buckshot).  I also have a 5 month old.  I am trying to pinpoint my oldests food issues. The 2 year old and 5 month old have severe food intollerances and from the research that I have been doing this past year it seems that food allergies/sensitivies/intollerances can absolutley cause this.  My 2 year old just had a surgical lymph node biopsy (taken from his neck) done and we are waiting for the results just to be on the safe side to make sure he doesn't have lymphoma or anything we are missing.  I am concerned but not overly stressed he has a very hard time digesting dairy, wheat, soy or gluten.  Hope this helps.  He does well as long as these foods are avoided.  My 5 month old is breastfed only and his gut will bleed if I have dairy or soy in my diet.  Avoidance of these foods has helped so much and they are now thriving.  :)
My daughter has experienced swelling glands under her left chin/neck immediately after eating recently.  It is worrisome because two years ago her tongue also swelled.  While the latest episodes now two weeks apart are less intense, i administered benedryl and the Doctor prescribed pregnisone.  Cold sweats and headache were a part of her night last night (as suddenly I am putting all things together) and seems to have a rash on lower part of body - which could be from pool?  I noticed tonight it decreased after 20 minutes and then appeared again after eating once again.

Doctor at Urgent Care seemed not at all concerned.  Any thoughts?
I have 9 enlarged lymphnodes from1.9 to 2.8 cm they don't hurt I've had an ultra sound being I'm. 4 months pregnant. The dr. Sent me to a cancer dr to get a biopsy who said there not fixed and with me having fibromyalgia he rather wait before doing one being it can worsen my symptoms from the fibromyalgia. I am looking at this tho and about 5 years ago my sinuses callapsed from allergies to mold and after a test found out I'm allergic to a lot of things. They told me I would have to live in a plastic bubble just about to protect myself its discuriging and i ve ignored them and took allergy meds here and there when I feel my head exsploding. My lymphnodes have been enlarged for 4 months the same as my pregnancy and the cancer dr thinks that I have reactive lymphnodes to the pregnancy. Should I be seeing the ears nose and throat dr too? Oh and I've had 12 surgeries on my ears for tubes reconstruction on my sinuses and a deviated ceptom also tonsils and adnodes removed also had surgery at 22 to have my teeth removed from the surgeries and antibiotics for 12 years had destroyed my teeth both sets first set before I was even 11. My enlarged lymph nodes are everywhere on my neck from the back to the front some are into my throat which causes anoying tickling but they don't seem to hurt. I am only 25 and these surgeries and illnesses are driving me nuts it seems like all the rare diseases and things happen to me. My life is full of drs and appointments. I see a specialist for each symptom makes me wonder if there all from the same thing? What are your imputs and should I worry or is there anything I can do?
i suffer from the same season allergy issues i got a upper resperatory and along with it was my lymph node on behind the left jaw under the ear got it mid august 2011 still had it sep now oct with my cheek swelling  due to the same issue I'm hoping its because of my allergies still have allergies.
I actually for years have had a swollen lymph node on the side of my neck on the right side directly below the back of my jaw line.  No pain. When Doctors drains it with needle a yellowish substance comes out and becomes flat, but after few day it comes back again.
have you ever figured out what was causing this? i feel the same way like blood flow is restricted by enlarged lymph nodes
Take Burdock Root 3x daily and your swollen lymph nodes will usually go away.
I have fibromyalgia and anxiety disorder but a lot of my "side affects" from those hav e gone away because I pinpointed a trigger. It is perfume. I was wearing it everyday and I havent now for about 2 1/2 weeks and my lymph nodes no longer feel swollen or tender, my head doesnt hurt and the anxiety when I get in my car and drive is gone. I used to put on perfume before I left the house and then all these side effects kept happening for years and it was the perfume all along. I am very sensitive to other things as well but the perfume was #1.

If even just you r lymph nodes are feeling swollen almost daily, stop wearing perfume and see if it gets better. Also, any perfumed or scented moisturizers, body wash..