Allergy Community
Allergies or dry weather causing blood in nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I was wondering if allergies ( I don't know if I have them or not, never had allergies before ) or dry weather can cause a bloody nose. When I say bloody I don't mean gushing or a soaked tissue like if someone punched you in the nose.  I mean like the middle area of your nose where the cartilage is. I don't pick my nose and recently as of about 2 weeks I noticed it off and on. Like right now it's fine but if I blow my nose perhaps the vibrations cause it to be irritated or if I take a shower the steam or water does. My nose feels really dry inside and I have been sneezing a lot.

I have mild health anxiety, it used to be a lot worse but I read about leukemia being one of those symptoms... so of course that scared the hell out of me. I don't have weight loss, not pale, not lethargic and I'm eating normally... so that counter acts that fear but you know always in the back of my mind.

I would like to know if there is anything I can do to elevate it when it happens, like nasal spray to keep my nose moist. It's annoying because when I see it it gets me thinking that I have cancer cause I blow my nose and I see blood.

Thank you in advance.

To good health!

Cheers.
dry air can defintely cause your nose to bleed a bit, try a humifier or steamy room.
Avatar n tn
When you say dry are can make it bleed, is what I described what you meant.

I need to stop worrying about worst case... and I need to check out a humidifier.
Dry nose can cause bleeding from nose. Drink lot of water and try steam inhalation.