Allergy Community
Allergies to hair dye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergies to hair dye

I have developed quite a severe allergy to permanent hair dye, 24 hrs after I dyed my hair, my head burned, my face swelled (lips and eyes), it was quite scary.  I can use temporary dyes (ones without a developer), but I just choose not to anymore.  My question is, can I get a tattoo?  I have not used hair dye now in about 4 years.  I was not tested, but because I could use temp. color, my doctor is fairly sure I developed an allergy to PPD in the perm. color.  I am sure tattoo ink is very different from hair dye.  Can tattoo reactions develop into anaphylaxis, or would that be rare?  My doctor is pretty sure if I tried perm. hair dye again, that an  anaphylactic  reaction would be quite possible.   I know I cannot get any guarantees, but I am just looking to make a decision based on sound advice.  Thanks so much.
Hi I have had a severe reactions to black hair dye.. I have had a bad rash and hives for 2 months now.. I did not realize it was my hair dye and did it again . I have had to go to the hospital twice my neck swelled up and my air way was closing. I have not used hair dye for about 4 weeks now and the rash and iching and burning of my skin gets better in one spot and then moves to a different spot. Does anyone know how long this can last.. I have had all of the symptoms that I read about including weeping head and ears.. I also was on steriods for 6 weeks. I just discovered it was hair dye be reading info online. Have not spoken to my doctor yet about it due to the holidays and office bding closed.
Black Hair Dye is the worse. Check your brand at the cosmetics database website
( I don't know if this forum allows the members to post links).
You will be absolutely shocked to find out what is most commercial brands and products in general. No wonder there's an epidemic of allergies, reactions, sensitivities and myriads of health problems in our society.
Checkout "Allergy Antidote" Practitioners, N.A.E.T. Doctors or Practitioners (Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique), B.E.A.M. Therapists (Bio-energetic Emotional Access Method) in your area.
Check my recent reply to "mariyamary" for the "Spinal Release Procedure". It is a Holistic protocol for fast Allergy, Reaction and Sensitivity Elimination.
Hope it helps.
Blessings,
Nikodicreta