Allergy Community
Allergies to raw fruits and veggies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergies to raw fruits and veggies

I have an allergic type reaction to raw fruits and veggies. I have tried organic, I've tried without pesticides, I've even grown my own in organic soil in my home and still had a reaction. I did not always have this problem, in fact I ate mostly veggies till I became pregnant and about a year after my daughter was born I started having problems. In 2000 I had an extensive allergy test done and the results were real that I was truly having a reaction. The doctor told me "just don't eat them", but geez that sucks, cause I love them. I have heard that it could be a problem with the absorbtion in the intestines that could cause the problem. I'd really like to know if there is a solution.  I would really love to hear from you.
I have been having all kinds of allergies for many, many years, including to fruits and veggies.

What helps me is turn those fruits into a fruit salad, and add lemon juice. The change in acidity seems to denature the proteins that cause the allergic reaction, and I can enjoy my fruits that way.

It works for veggies, too, but they don't seem to go well with the lemon juice. But when I eat lettunce without vinegar dressing, I get an allergic reaction as well.