Allergy Community
Allergy Shots and Immune System
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Allergy Shots and Immune System

I'm a 49 yr old male whose currently on my 5th (yes that's 5th) round of allergy shots since taking them on and off starting in 1994.  I test highly allergic to grasses, trees, and to a lesser degree molds, dust mites, cockroach.  My only symptoms are forehead/facial pressure, mental fog, and fatigue.  My sinuses are clear from the 2 previous sinus surgeries back in 2002 (latter surgery corrected the 1st one) and I have tried numerous other testing including candidia, epstein barr, etc. and all were negative.  Even tried some antidepressants for a short period out of "nothing else to try" and it did no good for symptoms. Went to nuerologist and he even had a spinal tap and MRI brain scan done that showed everything was normal so I'm convinced my symptoms are related to something with immunity or possible food allergy.  I do know that my body apparently has not built immunity to the previous shots as I was tested again before the latest round started about 2 yrs ago that I am currently on and they showed that I was still highly allergic to all allergens; like I'd never taken shots in the past.  The only other thing that could be related to my body not building up immunity might be the fact that I do have a  cold sore maybe once every year or so.  Is there any evidence that HSV-1's effects on immune system might hinder body from building up immunity to allergy shots?   I don't know what else to do; only that these symptoms have put a major dent in my career and personal goals.  I frankly feel rotten most days.  Have no clue where to turn from here other than just try and live with these symptoms.  Any suggestions???