Allergy Community
Allergy Shots
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Allergy Shots

After many years of suffering with allergies (cat, dogs, feathers, trees, grasses, dust and dust mites) I got tested in January and began taking allergy shots in February.  I suffered many years of poor sleep and was treated for depression and anxiety but the medicines did not really do anything.  Finally, I realized they my severe allergies were my underlying issues, after being testing and some allergen were a 4+.

I have been taking allergy shots for 4 months now and think that I am feeling a little relief.  I seem to not worry about stuff as much, my stomach is feeling better, I feel happier and when I get my allergy attacks (foggy, etc.) they don't seem to last as long.  Does that mean that the shots are starting to work?  My understanding is that it usually takes 6 months to a year to feel anything.

Note, I am not taking any allergy medicines because of their side effects so I have to suffered through each week's increase dosage until I go on maintenance in about 9 weeks.  

Thank you,
Aaronbean