Allergy Shots
After many years of suffering with allergies (cat, dogs, feathers, trees, grasses, dust and dust mites) I got tested in January and began taking allergy shots in February.  I suffered many years of poor sleep and was treated for depression and anxiety but the medicines did not really do anything.  Finally, I realized they my severe allergies were my underlying issues, after being testing and some allergen were a 4+.

I have been taking allergy shots for 4 months now and think that I am feeling a little relief.  I seem to not worry about stuff as much, my stomach is feeling better, I feel happier and when I get my allergy attacks (foggy, etc.) they don't seem to last as long.  Does that mean that the shots are starting to work?  My understanding is that it usually takes 6 months to a year to feel anything.

Note, I am not taking any allergy medicines because of their side effects so I have to suffered through each week's increase dosage until I go on maintenance in about 9 weeks.  

Thank you,
Aaronbean
You are about the same as me, antihistamines stopped working so I started the allergy shots.  Mine started helping after about 2 months, very soon for normally.  

The dust mite allergy is the one with the largest decrease in symptoms, cats have lowered just not as much.  

So yes, it sounds like your shots are helping as well, lovely isn't it :)
I do not understand why people continue to use this old-fashioned and relatively ineffective method of treating allergies (not to mention costly). I got rid of all my food and flower and pollen allergies with kinesiology. That was about 15 years ago. The allergies and their misery never returned.