Allergy to MRI contrast?
I had an arthrogram MRI done on friday and about 2 hours later my throat got itchy and continued to get worse so that my throat itched inside and out and my jaw and ears and eyes itched. I took benadryl when I got home and it lessened for a while, the next day I was itchy again but not as bad. Sunday and monday my throat burned and felt "full".  I am guessing this was a reaction to the contrast. (I have a shellfish allergy so i took prednisone and benedryl before the test). Would the throat itching have been hives inside my throat (nothing was seen on the outside)? Also for my medical record what do I say I am allergic to? Is MRI contrast and CT contrast the same? I know the MRI contrast had iodine.
Yes you can say you are allergic to IV Contrast.  This should be the same with both MRI and CT.  The itching of the throat is not hives, it is just an allergic reaction like all the rest of the symptoms.  Keep taking your benadryl and if it doesnt get better soon, or you are concerned, see your physician to inquire about this problem.  
thanks